Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can anyone suggest a couples activity for new parents?

(9 Posts)
thehaggardmum Wed 15-Jul-15 18:41:22

This sounds ridiculous but, since becoming parents, DH and I can't think of anything fun we can do together of an evening.... er.... besides the obvious! (i.e. watching TV in our pants wink).

We have a fairly well behaved four month old but we live away from our families so I'm looking for activities we can do in the house after she's gone to bed that don't require a babysitter.

What do other couples do on an evening to spend time together?

RealityCheque Wed 15-Jul-15 19:09:25

Listen to music
Talk to each other about your days
Look at photo's
Invite friends over
Sit in the garden with a drink

Take it in turns to cook for each other and have 'date nights'
Romantic bath and massage and 'sexy time'

What did you do before you had your baby?

Trapper Wed 15-Jul-15 19:10:29

Twister.

bittapitta Wed 15-Jul-15 19:12:38

Play two player computer games.

Sighing Wed 15-Jul-15 19:13:12

Board games; chat; plan holidays.

SolemnStollen Wed 15-Jul-15 19:13:28

Bananagrams! wild

JassyRadlett Wed 15-Jul-15 19:14:28

We actually really like board games. Nerdy, I know!

scurryfunge Wed 15-Jul-15 19:17:04

Scrabble? grin
We cooked each other ridiculously expensive and complicated meals- great fun but didn't help the waistline.

thehaggardmum Wed 15-Jul-15 21:16:07

Cheers all! Our default pre-parenthood activities were going out for meals, drinks or to the pictures but I was always working so late it was a rare occurrence we'd get to spend quality time together.... now I'm on mat leave I don't know what to do with all this evening leisure time! Like the idea of games, will see if I can find something we like!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now