Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Age Gap

(16 Posts)
Snoopdogg12 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:31:39

I'm late 30s and have met someone early 50's - he's physically fit and has a good physique.
My ex says its disgusting?! and make him feel sick..
I know he's saying that from a jealous point of view; but is it?! He seems to have more stamina than men my age!!

Anon4Now2015 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:33:16

Your ex is your ex for a reason. Ignore him. He'd probably find something to be disgusted about whoever you were to date.

Chuckitinthefuckitbucket Wed 15-Jul-15 12:33:31

Not at all. Ignore him!

Anniegetyourgun Wed 15-Jul-15 12:35:03

Making your ex feel sick is a bonus, surely.

Sweetsecret Wed 15-Jul-15 12:36:16

Ignore Ignore Ignore! My dad is 24 years older than my step mum and they have just celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. she still fancies him as much now as she did when she married him, (my dad is a handsome chap mind) wink
Sod what anyone thinks, if he treats you well what else matters.

wafflyversatile Wed 15-Jul-15 12:37:56

Tell your ex to stop imagining you having sex, then!

None of his business and whatever makes you happy.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 15-Jul-15 12:41:33

Nothing wrong with that age gap at all.
Enjoy it and tell your ex to FTFO

flatbellyfella Wed 15-Jul-15 12:59:44

Enjoy your new man Snoopdog Ex is just jealous , age is not a concern for you to worry about.

SmashingInAthleticWear Wed 15-Jul-15 14:05:51

"Making your ex feel sick is a bonus, surely." - this grin

I'm 35 and have recently started seeing a 49-year-old. He is lovely and the sex is the best I have ever had. Screw what anyone else thinks, least of all your ex!

Snoopdogg12 Wed 15-Jul-15 14:50:34

'Making your ex feel sick is a bonus, surely' lol never thought of it like that! :D
He is very attentive, its refreshing :D

scarlets Wed 15-Jul-15 18:29:42

A gap of 15-odd years isn't much at all, as long as the younger party isn't a teenager fresh out of school. Your ex is talking nonsense.

Breezy1985 Wed 15-Jul-15 18:38:14

I'm 29 and my DP is 45. The age difference makes no difference to us smile Ignore your ex!

PeppaWellington Wed 15-Jul-15 18:50:33

I agree with anon. No matter who you date, your ex would find a reason to be a bitch about it.

Ignore the silly little boy and enjoy your new maaaaaan.

Wish I had a fit 50something envy

Tell your ex he's absolutely right, you wish you and he had never parted, you will always love him and no sex with anyone else ever will be as good.

Then laugh hysterically, only stopping when he's left the building.

WashingUpFairy Wed 15-Jul-15 20:54:50

I'm 38 & my bf is 56. We've been together for 2 1/2 years and it's fantastic.

He is kind and attentive, and our sex life is incredible. We laugh.

He is good with my kids and we're talking about moving in together.

Age is just a number and none of us know what life will throw at us. Be happy.

Offred Wed 15-Jul-15 23:01:04

It's hardly a huge age gap and it's an equivalent stage of life can't see what could be 'disgusting' about it other than your ex feeling sorry for himself that you have moved on to someone other than him.

PoundingTheStreets Wed 15-Jul-15 23:18:15

Your ex is a twat. He is just trying to sabotage your current euphoria in the first stages of a great new romance for the same reason that he is probably your ex - i.e. because he is a twat. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now