Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can't switch off !!!

(4 Posts)
Bambino1234 Mon 13-Jul-15 01:44:04

Just tired.
Absolutely tired of my life being what is because of someone else's selfishness.
Yes he had every right to leave.
He left though for a co worker that has more time and effort spent on her than my children.
He has managed to forget them pay no interest in them or do the bare minimum.
It's his mum that pushes him.
It's his mum that makes sure he does his bit.
I am having trouble working because he won't help with child care but employed her for his new business.

I guess what I'm really angry about is the fact I've been I'll this week and struggling to sleep I got woken this evening by an accidental phone call and a voicemail that was just them to laughing and living life I on the other hand am broken and tired and sick of someone who caused so much misery livig such a good life.
My daughter is four and so angry she is constantly lashing out at me because she doesn't understand why her dads gone he is gone six months and we are still suffering the consequences and I don't feel like I'm ever gonna to make it out of this hole he flung us in.

RubbishMantra Mon 13-Jul-15 02:45:18

Bless you love.

Couldn't read and not reply, even though I don't have much to offer in the way of advice.

I know it's easy for me to say, but you will be happier without such a callous and uncaring person in your life, even though that may not seem the case right now. It'll take some time, but you will feel better, even though you're in a dark place at the moment.

Do you have support? As well as friends/family, speaking to your GP is a good start. Counselling to help you come to terms with your's and your daughter's life being turned upside down.

Keep posting on here, you'll get some good, solid support and advice.

midnightvelvetPart2 Mon 13-Jul-15 11:44:32

You will make it out. It may take time & take longer as there's small children involved but you will get there brew

The resentment & anger is natural, it really is & your 4 year old is still little & confused. Be patient with her although its not easy.

Try to concentrate on the future instead of stewing over the past, you cannot change what he did & its not your fault & phone calls like these are a fucker when they happen but he's gone & your being consumed by bitterness is not going to help you & your lovely DD move forwards. There's no harm going to the GP as Rubbish said & telling them that you are finding it hard to cope, they may be able to help.

Remember that the best revenge you can get is by having a great life yourself & that one day he will look back & see why he doesn't have a relationship with his daughter. But by then it will be too late.

theredjellybean Mon 13-Jul-15 12:01:11

i havent much advice either ,except to say being tired is hell and going to make everything seem so hard. He is a fool for abandonning his relationship with his daughter. You say his mum pushes him ..do you get on well with her ? could she maybe help ? evenif it was having dd to stay one night or a weekend day ? so you get a bit of time off so to speak ?
If he is not having regular contact with dd you are shouldering the whole child rearing/parenting thing alone and that is exhausting for even teh best of us smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now