Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I 'out' the OW?

(93 Posts)
beerbelly Sun 12-Jul-15 11:31:36

To cut a long story short, I discovered back in March that DH had been cheating. He cut all contact with the OW, who is now travelling on the other side of the world with her partner, and is doing his best to make amends.

This morning I discovered her travelling blog in which her latest post is about working as a Nanny. It is very tempting to add a comment along the lines of "I don't think Mary Poppins shagged a married father of two."...

Should I....?

(Name of blog removed by MNHQ at OP's request)

Methe Sun 12-Jul-15 11:32:50

No you shouldn't but I can see why you would want to.

beerbelly Sun 12-Jul-15 11:34:20

Nah, I won't....But ooooooh so tempting!

TheMoa Sun 12-Jul-15 11:35:31

No, of course not. You'll look bitter, spiteful, and deranged.

And you'll discover that in real life, people don't much care about the private lives of their employees.

It was after all your husband who cheated, you have no idea what the set-up with the OW and her partner involves. They could be fine with an open relationship.

Lndnmummy Sun 12-Jul-15 11:45:42

Hm, must admit I prob would

maras2 Sun 12-Jul-15 11:50:08

Ohh yes! knee jerk says do it < I'd also have her branded as The Whore of Babylon and him as an Adulterer> but common sense says perhaps Old Testament retribution is not appropriate for the 21st century.No harm in fantasising though.Good luck with making your marriage work.It can't be easy but we'll done for trying. flowers I hope that he appreciates it.

MaliaGrace Sun 12-Jul-15 11:51:59

This won't be popular but being totally honest, I know I would do it. That doesn't make it right for you though. If I had documentary evidence (photo of them together or emails) I'd probably post them onto her Blog.

MaryBerrysEyelashes Sun 12-Jul-15 11:53:01

link

Diamondjoan Sun 12-Jul-15 11:53:25

Nah, I wouldn't bother. Your DH would be the one I would be directing my anger at, he's the one that's betrayed YOU.

TheStoic Sun 12-Jul-15 11:54:23

Hopefully her partner doesn't do something similar to your husband in retribution.

MaryBerrysEyelashes Sun 12-Jul-15 11:54:54

anyone else madly googling for the blog?

quietlysuggests Sun 12-Jul-15 11:55:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rebecca2014 Sun 12-Jul-15 11:56:14

Hmm I would but rather do it on a more public platform, like facebook so all her friends can see it.

Theselittlelightsaremine Sun 12-Jul-15 11:57:09

I would but then I would prob delete the comment a few hours later.

BathtimeFunkster Sun 12-Jul-15 11:57:34

It's a funny comment, I can't see any issue with posting it.

She will just delete it, but it will be amusing in the meantime.

MetallicBeige Sun 12-Jul-15 11:57:45

Tempting, but she's probably got her blog set up to screen comments before allowing them to be publicly shown.
Hard as it is try to stop following her/looking her up online, the only person you're hurting is yourself. Seeing her happy and carefree can't be doing much for you. Sorry you've been through such an utterly shitty time. flowers

beerbelly Sun 12-Jul-15 11:59:32

MBE!!! Oh God nooooooooo!!!!!
Test Googles

It doesn't come up. Phew. The Stoic - that is a good point. In order to make rebuilding our marriage easier I have only told two people, both of whom are not 'friends of the marriage' so I wouldn't want him 'outed' either.

No, I'm not bitter enough to do it anyway. I'm fairly easy going. He has got off quite lightly, really.

BloodontheTracks Sun 12-Jul-15 12:00:38

do it if you like, i don't think anyone's going to be massively suffer as a result and you've every right. But I think you'd be better off blocking the website url and trying to be proud and fulfilled in a life where she is nothing to you.

Milllii Sun 12-Jul-15 12:01:04

It sounds like you are still obsessed with everything about the OW. I would stop looking for signs of her as this will be doing your head in. If you ate 100% sure your OH is committed to you and you feel he is doing everything he can to prove it to you and you feel he is in love with you then let her go. She is nothing to you. Searching for her will only cause anxiety and keeps her firmly in the relationship.

bestguess23 Sun 12-Jul-15 12:01:43

It does come up... A slight amendment to the title and voila. I'd get this thread deleted if I were you.

beerbelly Sun 12-Jul-15 12:03:42

Yikes! Will do.

Milllii Sun 12-Jul-15 12:05:06

OP , this post on Just call me R Poppins is already visible on a google search. Your words are out there.

Milllii Sun 12-Jul-15 12:06:10

Too late . Even if you get it deleated the post itself is googleable.

SillyStuffBiting Sun 12-Jul-15 12:06:28

Can't find the blogsad

beerbelly Sun 12-Jul-15 12:06:44

Aaaarggggghhhh! I have reported and asked for the thread to be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now