Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Marriage is over. Can someone hold my hand please?

(9 Posts)
namechangingspecimen Wed 08-Jul-15 23:28:48

I've namechanged for this, posted about my marriage before. After trying everything, we're no better off in terms of our relationship. The kids are devastated. I want a clean break but I know more tears are going to be ahead. However although I've resolved to press ahead with the divorce, I feel some sadness and fear for the future.

Lulioli Wed 08-Jul-15 23:45:09

Hand holding here ����☕️ Take care of yourself and the DC first. Don t look too far into the future or dwell on the past either. Just keep in the moment as much as you can. Good luck.

namechangingspecimen Wed 08-Jul-15 23:48:03

Thank you, just needed to vent a little. I feel like I've failed :-(

Minime85 Wed 08-Jul-15 23:52:39

You've not failed. It's a ending. Sometimes there is meant to be an ending. Which will be followed by a new beginning. Take care of yourself and dcs.

mrstweefromtweesville Wed 08-Jul-15 23:52:45

hand holding.
clean break is best, so well done.
you haven't failed. you have dc. did you have any successful periods in your marriage? if so, they were successes.
being out of a marriage that's dead in the water is in itself a success.
keep going. it will be ok.

Notgrumpyjustquiet Wed 08-Jul-15 23:53:22

Chin up OP flowers

excitedbutscared Thu 09-Jul-15 00:17:05

Sounds like you've done all you can

Love your DCs and yourself - put your energies and focus there and stay strong. Nothing always lasts forever and look back on the good times - and try not to let the solicitors cause too much hatred!

Zillie77 Thu 09-Jul-15 01:56:11

Hand hold
Kiss on cheek
Hug
smile

namechangingspecimen Thu 09-Jul-15 04:55:35

Thank you everyone. It doesn't help that he's changed his tune now and wants a reconciliation, but some awful things have been said and done that can't be rushed aside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now