Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you date a girl who lives in a flat with only lads?

(44 Posts)
Coozo Wed 08-Jul-15 22:00:23

I dont know if im looking too much into this or not. I quite like this girl who, next year, will be living with a bunch of lads by her own choice. Because its early on Im unsure if I wanna take things further as how can you trust someone who youve only very recently started seeing? She seems sweet but she says shes not so innocent, which is cool. So what would you do?

cuntycowfacemonkey Wed 08-Jul-15 22:03:11

You people can still cheat on you even if they don't live with a bunch of lads don't you? To be honest if you are already worried about her cheating this early on then I'd say the whole thing is doomed.

TrojanWhore Wed 08-Jul-15 22:04:14

Presumably this is some sort of residential sixth form college, if she is still a girl.

You either treat her with respect or you don't. Only one of those routes has any chance of success.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 08-Jul-15 22:04:46

You are your own worst enemy. She's better off without you.

SurlyCue Wed 08-Jul-15 22:05:10

Do you mean a woman who lives with men?

You dont seem ready for a relationship. People dont not cheat through lack of proximity.

Steben Wed 08-Jul-15 22:05:22

Wrong site dude

NerrSnerr Wed 08-Jul-15 22:06:36

If she's going to cheat, she'll cheat whoever her housemates are.

TopOfTheCliff Wed 08-Jul-15 22:06:59

You are running ahead of yourself a bit. You have only just met her and already you are worrying about next year. You've got to persuade her to go out with you and not dump you for being controlling and jealous!
Do you think a girl who chooses to live with "a bunch of lads" is doing that so she can have sex with a different lad every night? Or that she somehow lacks feminine virtue if she enjoys watching footy and leaving the loo seat up?
I would try to enjoy your sweet new girlfriend and stop being judgemental.

Ashwinder Wed 08-Jul-15 22:08:46

Don't you sound lovely. hmm You're basically suggesting that because her house mates are male she's untrustworthy. Do you have any reason apart from that fact that her mates are male and that she's not a virgin to suggest she would cheat on you? You sound paranoid and not very nice.

stayathomegardener Wed 08-Jul-15 22:09:11

Ohhh no I wouldn't go there... A girl who "chooses" to live with boys.
Very dodgy and shows low moral fibre I suspect.

Senada Wed 08-Jul-15 22:11:17

I wouldn't date a woman at all. "lads" or no "lads"
What an odd question.

Cherriesandapples Wed 08-Jul-15 22:14:38

I used to live with boys! They were great! I brought a bloke home once and after he realised I lived with blokes, I never saw him again. I now know why! #insecure #controlling

Ashwinder Wed 08-Jul-15 22:19:15

There were six of us in my first student house. And despite being a bisexual female I didn't shag any of them. Because they were my mates.

Haffdonga Wed 08-Jul-15 22:25:52

Are you:
- a time warp traveller from Victorian times?
- a member of an obscure religious sect or living in ISIS controlled territory?
- 12 years old?

If no, then best leave the poor woman alone, eh?

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Wed 08-Jul-15 22:28:00

Your post makes you sound like a complete twat. My student cousin lives in a house with 4 of her male friends and I really don't like what you're implying. How can she be sure she can trust you?

Whiskwarrior Wed 08-Jul-15 22:29:53

He wants us to say she's a farking slaaaaaaaaag, doesn't he?

How old are you, OP?

Hairylegs007 Wed 08-Jul-15 22:32:19

Men and women can be friends you know! Does it matter that she has male friends?

If you are the pointlessly jealous paranoid type you will drive her crazy. Then drive her away

Indole Wed 08-Jul-15 22:38:49

What would I do? If I was her, I would not go out with you. You sound like an idiot. Also, surely the school holidays haven't started yet? Or have they in some places?

CaptainHolt Wed 08-Jul-15 22:44:49

pmsl at 'her own choice'. No, you should not go out with her. You should wait a good long while before you go out with anyone.

Indole my yr11 kid has been lying on the sofa in her pants since June 12th

Skeppers Wed 08-Jul-15 22:50:05

I would hope so, otherwise I wouldn't be married now...met DH when I was house sharing with 3 old (male) school friends. It was never weird and I was definitely considered one of the boys!

Morganly Wed 08-Jul-15 22:58:41

Just to give a different perspective, I have come across women in the past who "just get on better with guys than girls, girls are so bitchy etc etc" and I wouldn't trust them one inch.

So is she choosing to live with men because she doesn't have any female friends in which case you might be wise to be wary. Or is it just chance that her friends who are available to share with are men? In which case, everything everyone else said above applies.

Indole Wed 08-Jul-15 22:58:49

Ah! Children who have taken exams. I get it.

Also, v jealous of your daughter, Captain. I too would like to lie on the sofa in my pants.

Skeppers Thu 09-Jul-15 09:16:08

Morganly I think that's a little bit unfair!

I've genuinely always found it easier to get on with men; not because girls are 'bitchy' but I've just not met any women who have similar interests to me, ie. sport, games, cars, beer, etc. I know it sounds awfully stereotypical (and I'm sure that there are women out there who do like these things) but I can only go by my personal experience, and I've never met any. Male friends tend to be more light-hearted too, whereas conversations with the few female friends/work colleagues I do have go all deep and meaningful very quickly and sort of kill the buzz. I may have just met the wrong women, but that's my experience! The only women I really do get on with are my sisters, but that's because we're all similar in that sense.

And I am by far some kind of wicked temptress. All of my male friendships are exactly that, purely platonic. I am tall and fat and built like a brick shithouse as well as being a massive tomboy...I'm never out of jeans and trainers; hardly the 'male fantasy'! They definitely see me as one of the lads, and don't exclude me from the banter; I do enjoy a good insult-slinging session (ie. last weekend I was told loudly that my 'boobs have shrunk'- currently 36 wks pregnant- and 'weren't they supposed to get bigger?'. Thanks lads.)

I used to get bullied throughout school and called 'lesbian' (which, apparently, is an insult hmm) because I was tall, had short hair and liked sport, etc. It was only girls who used to bully me and I think that put me off trying to spark up friendships with other girls.

My DH thinks it's great and I think he's secretly proud that I can answer sport questions on the pub quiz machine that none of the other blokes can get...

I'm not trying to be a 'cool girl'. I'm just being myself! Maybe if more girls were into sport and computer games then I'd have more female friends, but no-one around here seems to be. They're all a bit 'WAG'. sad

Meerka Thu 09-Jul-15 09:18:43

Why the hell not trust her? What an odd question.

If she's going to cheat, she's going to cheat. Living with lads isn't going to make a difference.

If her experience is anything like mine though it might mean she does 90% of the cleaning though so she might want to avoid it.

Lavenderice Thu 09-Jul-15 09:22:53

Morganly you sound exactly like one of those bitchy girls that 'these women' don't like.

OP either grow up it get a life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now