Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I going to die alone? Dating in mid-30s!

(11 Posts)
fuckingfuckfuck Wed 08-Jul-15 15:13:53

DH has just dumped me, basically. sad

I'll move on, I'm sure, but I'm scared of loneliness and being alone forever. Friends are married and having DC. Scared of a sparse social life

I want a family (no DC with DH), but know that may take years to happen. Or not at all.

Does anyone have any positive stories about finding love again? Or just overcoming the loneliness? How did you do it?

badtime Wed 08-Jul-15 15:37:38

I met my partner a few days after my 36th birthday. I am 40 and getting married next month.

mommyof23kids Wed 08-Jul-15 16:01:34

Yes. If you do not have a partner by the time you are mid 30s you will be alone FOREVER. It is an unchangeable law of the universe.

Rebecca2014 Wed 08-Jul-15 16:07:50

Of course you can meet someone else. Just look at the dating thread, women in their 30s, 40s having an fantastic time.

ShebaShimmyShake Wed 08-Jul-15 16:12:26

Of course you have every chance of finding love again. It won't be like it was at 21, people will have more experience and baggage by now, but that doesn't matter.

fuckingfuckfuck Wed 08-Jul-15 16:18:34

Can someone tell me where the dating thread is please? Am being a bit fick and can't find it!

patienceisvirtuous Wed 08-Jul-15 16:26:44

I found out my DP was cheating when I was 34. So I was single, childless and traumatised. Decided not to wait for a man and go it alone on the ttc front.

However, very unexpectedly I met DP a few months later. Three years on from that, I'm engaged to be married, we've bought a lovely house and I'm pregnant (at 37y/o).

Ttc mid-30's hasn't been easy I have to admit - I've had two miscarriages in the past year and my measurements are out of whack this time around so I don't know if all will go well - but the point is I'm in a really good position for the future now, and very happy.

It can happen (and I am a massive pessimist).

patienceisvirtuous Wed 08-Jul-15 16:28:20

Ps my DP is 8 years younger than me, and hot blush, I can thoroughly recommend getting yourself a nice toyboy! shock

Thatslife72 Wed 08-Jul-15 16:30:35

Hey, your actually really young you've got time to find someone you'll see get yourself out there. If your brave enough get on some dating sites, there are weirdos, there are slim balls etc etc, but so are some down the pub! I did it for a while after myself and ex husband split up, it took a while to find someone but I had a really good laugh met some interesting people, you may kiss a few frogs at first but then again u not!

Also depending were you live there are meet up groups on line in different areas for different things. Have a look round Facebook and google to see what's in your area x

elliepac Wed 08-Jul-15 16:55:01

I split from my husband last year and found myself single at 37 for the first time in 20 yrs. I thought the same as you. However, i wish to offer you hope. Got drunk with friends..,signed up to OLD, fully expecting lots of weird pictures and weird men and nothing to come of it. Actually what happened was i met 4/5 lovely blokes, a couple of nice but no chemistry dates, a couple of short flings and met one rather special man whom I have fallen in love with and who makes me happier than the ex ever did. They are out there, I promise.smile

DrSethHazlittMD Wed 08-Jul-15 17:04:51

Am glad some people have some positives. Myself (and others) don't see them, sadly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now