Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Separation advice needed - please

(1 Post)
Leavinghome Sun 05-Jul-15 20:48:09

Hi Everyone, I'm very new to this but can't afford a divorce lawyer at the moment and would love some help. I moved out of the family home 5 months ago, my husband won't get a job and I can't live with him anymore (lots of reasons). I have continued to pay the mortgage and all of his outgoings while house sitting for a friend but I now need a place of my own for me and the children (they are 14 and 12). I can't afford to do this and support him. Is it ok for me to just stop giving him money when he doesn't have the children? I have some money put aside from the mortgage to continue paying that and the core bills for possibly 6 months. I need to start a life of my own and he is in complete denial that he needs to take responsibility for himself.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: