Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm a bloke - can I post here?

(133 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

theroxbury Sun 05-Jul-15 13:43:26

I don't really have any burning issues or anything but just thought if I am allowed to post to give a mans view on things or if anyone wants a man's opinion an anything.

I'm a nice chap, nothing fancy, aged 33. I don't know how I even came across here but the only thin I want to say is that I like older/mature/ ladies!

Cheers!

teatrailer Sun 05-Jul-15 13:45:29

HaHaHa!!!!!!!!

teatrailer Sun 05-Jul-15 13:48:03

Wrong site mate, you want Tinder or CougarsRus.

midnightvelvetPart2 Sun 05-Jul-15 13:50:49

How fucking dare you I'm neither old nor mature!

We have plenty of male posters but none of them try to pick us up badly think you're on the wrong site mate

theroxbury Sun 05-Jul-15 13:51:57

Hah I thought I might get a response like that but it's not like that.
I've had a mooch about the site and found a few abbreviations i'm not sure on like DH and others but i'll get it eventually!

CultureSucksDownWords Sun 05-Jul-15 13:53:15

You can. Doesn't mean you should....

And a "mans opinion" is surely just your opinion just like anyone else's opinion...
M

tsonlyme Sun 05-Jul-15 13:53:46

Of course you can post but no-one gives a crap that you're a man. Mansplaining quite rightly doesn't go down well round these parts.

TokenGinger Sun 05-Jul-15 13:54:14

I'm 25; does that mean I'm out of the pick? grin

WorraLiberty Sun 05-Jul-15 13:54:49

DH = Dick Head

HTH

FernGullysWoollyPully Sun 05-Jul-15 13:56:06

biscuit

LoisPuddingLane Sun 05-Jul-15 14:01:19

I'm older but quite immature. Am I in with a chance hmm?

ShebaShimmyShake Sun 05-Jul-15 14:06:57

"..if anyone wants a man's opinion on anything."

Shall we take a quick vote? smile

Wow. A bloke. How incredibly novel.

Sparklingbrook Sun 05-Jul-15 14:08:42

I think if I want a man's opinion I will stick with DH rather than some newbie male posting on MN as if it's a dating site.

Cheers!

TigerWhoCameForGin Sun 05-Jul-15 14:10:23

No. I never want a man's opinion. I have one of my own. Thank you.

DocHollywood Sun 05-Jul-15 14:11:03

Older/mature/ladies

You won't get away with that sloppy speech around here. I think you meant older/mature ladies. Possibly you were looking for Gransnet? Hth

Midorichan Sun 05-Jul-15 14:13:10

AHAHAHAHA!! Why don't you and your right hand go have fun elsewhere, mate, LOL.

TheHouseOnBellSt Sun 05-Jul-15 14:14:38

Why don't you just post an ordinary thread with a question or something? Not one offering your opinion....we don't know you from Adam. Why would we ask your opinion!?

theroxbury Sun 05-Jul-15 14:24:45

I've reported my own post for being a douche!
Sorry for my slightly THICK post, hope I can redeem myself a bit.
I think the sun/heat has got to me a bit recently.

Apologies!

TheHouseOnBellSt Sun 05-Jul-15 14:27:59

OP you didn't need to PM me...you can still post on here. I know you've reported your thread...again...no need for that. You can just chat on here..people do it all the time, male and female.

ImperialBlether Sun 05-Jul-15 14:30:17

Just never say, "Well, as a man..." as though we should all stop and listen. Mind you, the ones that make me mad are the women who say, "Well, my husband says..." Who cares?!

UncertainSmile Sun 05-Jul-15 14:31:26

There's loads of men here anyway

RattieofCatan Sun 05-Jul-15 14:46:19

hmm It's not a dating site. Also not just for Mums despite the name. There are plenty of us who are not Mums, quite a few men too. A man's opinion is an opinion, no more valid or shit than the opinion of every other poster!

TRexingInAsda Sun 05-Jul-15 15:15:07

This made me laugh. There's nothing like realising you've come across as a bit of a knob! Never mind OP (Original Poster). Welcome to mumsnet.

flatbellyfella Sun 05-Jul-15 15:18:25

Is this lady mature enough.......grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now