Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does my partner hate me?

(10 Posts)
charlb616 Sat 04-Jul-15 08:21:09

Hi ive been with my partner 7 years and we have a 2 year old little girl. I love him very much but i feel i cant take it anymore. He is so nasty about anything! For example ill ask if he can help with something and all i get is being sworn at, nasty comments and calling me lazy. He works full time and i work 3 days a week, when it comes to the weekends he says its all about him as he had worked more (which i understand) but last weekend i felt very unwell and wanted to stay in bed for an hour or so but he went mental calling me selfish and im lieing about feeling unwell. Its just things like that really, he says im useless all the time, spotty, ugly and no one would want me. Sometimes he will apologise but 5 minutes later he has been nasty again. I feel like im walking on eggshells all the time, if i try talk to him he ignores me basically im not sure what to do?

LadyBlaBlah Sat 04-Jul-15 08:25:13

Who cares what he thinks of you.....don't you HATE him?

He sounds repulsive

RagingJellyBean Sat 04-Jul-15 08:26:23

He sounds rude, obnoxious, abusive and evil.

How can you still love a man who treats you like that? I don't understand it.

CantAffordtoLive Sat 04-Jul-15 08:26:44

Well he doesn't love or cherish or appreciate you.

What to do? That's easy. Get rid. You deserve better.

butterflygirl15 Sat 04-Jul-15 08:28:56

He is an abuser - you need to leave.

ohlamour Sat 04-Jul-15 08:30:29

Hi OP, i agree he sounds awful. You & your dd deserve better. It will be hard to leave but if you don't you will end up losing yourself. I just left a P who, though not as bad as your P, made me feel awful & i was walking on eggshells around him. It's no way to live & it definitely does NOT get better.

FolkGirl Sat 04-Jul-15 08:32:04

You don't love him. He's knocked your confidence so that you fear being alone. All emotions have the same physiological effects. How we interpret them depends on the context. You are choosing to interpret yours as love. But they are not.

What exactly do you love about him?

Janette123 Sat 04-Jul-15 08:35:54

charlb616,
Your partner is a nasty abusive bully and you deserve better than this.
Just what are you getting out of this relationship except heartache?

You need to make plans to leave this man before you have no self-esteem left.
Please do not let him destroy you psychologically. flowers

HootyMcTooty Sat 04-Jul-15 15:07:40

So because he works longer hours he is entitled to down time, but you're not? everyone needs time to themselves, especially if they're ill.

What do you want to happen?

KetchupIsNearlyAVegetable Sat 04-Jul-15 20:22:24

i feel i cant take it anymore

So don't take it anymore. Get rid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now