Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Online Dating

(15 Posts)
solitudehappiness Thu 02-Jul-15 19:02:56

I have a dilema. I've joined a dating site, and been bombarded with offers of dates etc. Have been speaking to two guys, one of whom I've met and like, and better looking than the other guy. But, they are both very different, one is a successful business man, the other is a struggling singer, and had issues with depression, and not currently working.
I really don't know how to choose and can't believe I'm in this situation. Would really appreciate your advice guys please.....

MadeMan Thu 02-Jul-15 19:10:22

The unemployed depressed struggling singer sounds great. Did he put that on his profile?

Zillie77 Thu 02-Jul-15 19:18:18

Why do you have to choose at this point? Can't you just meet both of them in person?

NoMoreMrRight Thu 02-Jul-15 19:27:14

My advice would be to meet the second guy first, and see how things develop with both of them before making a decision. Very likely this being online dating that one of them (or even both) will magically vanish after a couple of dates anyway (sorry, utterly jaded after doing OLD for nearly two years and mostly encountering tossers....)

Just have fun meeting them both for the moment though, no need to rush making a decision so early on.

Best of luck!

Pinklaydee1302 Thu 02-Jul-15 20:58:26

I'm with Nomore don't put all your eggs in one basket! Been there done that got a wardrobe full of t-shirts ��

alongcamespiders Thu 02-Jul-15 22:09:55

* MadeMan Thu 02-Jul-15 19:10:22
The unemployed depressed struggling singer sounds great. Did he put that on his profile?*

^ this is funny.

solitudehappiness Thu 02-Jul-15 22:14:12

After reading through what I've written and seeing it on here, its kind of a no brainer really lol.
I've not made the singer guy sound that great, he's about to embark on a social work degree, and just finished a temporary job as a housing manager. He's also a qualified plasterer and painter and decorator. He's also very good looking.
The other guy isn't great to look at, but he's a lovely man, from what I can gather.
Yes, I can have fun meeting them both for the moment. Guess I'm tired of being single, but I'm not going to rush into anything.

whatyouseeiswhatyouget Fri 03-Jul-15 06:57:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jesy Fri 03-Jul-15 07:27:33

Long story but I'm with some one now who I met via some one I met on line.
But when I met the mate I wasn't physically attracted to him ,he was far to skinny but his personality won me over.

I'd give them both a chance , after all on paper no one would come near me ,eating disorder, insecure no job , if you like them meet them both .

solitudehappiness Sat 04-Jul-15 22:45:16

Ok, met up with the good looking guy, and boy is he self absorbed. All he talked about was himself, and how hard his life has been. Was really draining, and I was glad when the date ended. Definitely won't be seeing him again. got another date tomorrow and another on Wednesday. phew, this online dating lark is tiring

MadeMan Sat 04-Jul-15 22:55:39

Sounds like he got a free therapy session out of you solitude.

Hope the next date is better for you. smile

solitudehappiness Sat 04-Jul-15 23:16:54

certainly felt like it mademan. I really didn't feel very empathic towards him though. he didn't listen to what I had to say, it was all just about him. <feeling sweary words coming into my head>
let's hope other dates are better. because Netflix and staying in are becoming more of an appealing option lol

hesterton Sat 04-Jul-15 23:22:52

Ha! I had a date like that except he talked the entire time about his failed marriage. Every time I tried to change the subject. ..BOOM... back to the long and converted tale told 6 ways of his wife's affair. I made my excuses as soon as possible (was an hour, I did get much better about the notion of meeting for a 'quick coffee' which could be extended.

As I left, he said how much he had really enjoyed the evening. He remarked on how well he felt we had got on and would I see him again?

I told him no and gently told him why. Said it wasn't on to talk about only one topic, his - and an ex at that.

He was horrified. ' But that's what my last date said!'

hesterton Sat 04-Jul-15 23:23:37

Convoluted

solitudehappiness Wed 08-Jul-15 20:11:03

Had a date on the weekend and wow, won't be going for a second one. He said how he wished he'd met me years ago, and do I want more children, because he'd be more than happy to have children with me!!! <running fast away from that man>
Had a date today, and it couldn't have been more different. college lecturer, really decent, funny guy. we had lots of laughs, and he texted afterwards thanking me and saying he had a great laugh. really hope to see him again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now