Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Lost friendship

(5 Posts)
Lucy90 Tue 30-Jun-15 20:05:46

Posting for advice please ladies
I had a very good friend, ill call her A.
We met at 16 working in a department store and became close friends very quickly. After we had both moved onto new jobs we remained close friends and met up regularly.
At 21 i we were still very close, i was by this time in a relationship with an older man who was very controlling and abusive. Due to this i let the friendship fade away. Ive been out of abusive relationship for over a year now and really miss A. Im not sure if i should contact her to try and fix things? Or what i could say to explain? Any advice appreciated

molyholy Tue 30-Jun-15 20:09:32

I think you should contact her. Apologise for losing touch and explain about why. Just tell her the truth. If it helps show her this thread. I think she will be really pleased to hear from you.

SoleSource Tue 30-Jun-15 20:09:37

No harm in trying is there? Be prepared or the friendship to blossom or be a none starter. You'll only know if you contact her and when you meet up face to face. I do wish you all the best.

Lucy90 Wed 01-Jul-15 23:03:41

Thanks ladies, ive sent an email...just got to wait and see!

Balders74 Wed 01-Jul-15 23:16:06

Good luck Lucy. She will be so chuffed to hear from you. You may not get back the same close relationship but I think She will be pleased you got in touch. Let us know how it goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now