Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

my friends husband!!!

(9 Posts)
maggieryan Sun 28-Jun-15 22:07:52

My friend just rang me. She was in tears. Her husband just called her "an uneducated piece of shit"...I am appalled . she said he said sorry, it was heat of the moment. I didn't actually know what to say to her. I know him well and would never have thought he'd say something like this
Shes more upset about the argument whereas I am more shocked at the name calling. Is there ever am excuse for this? Should I give my honest opinion or stay out of it
Thanks

flora717 Sun 28-Jun-15 22:11:16

Listen, be a sounding board for now. Perhaps come back to what she accepts from this poor excuse for a human when she's picked herself up a bit.

gamerchick Sun 28-Jun-15 22:12:45

Stay out of it.

Just give an ear to her and listen.if she asks your opinion then feel free but otherwise say nothing.

gamerchick Sun 28-Jun-15 22:13:04

Xpost

maggieryan Sun 28-Jun-15 22:34:54

She's rang me again and asked what I thought of the name calling. I ended up telling her no decent person would call those names to someone they are supposed to love. She argued back and we ended up having words. Very fustrating!!

Thenapoleonofcrime Sun 28-Jun-15 22:38:51

Now she is picking a fight with you. Just stay out of it, and ask her not to call again in the middle of a fight. It's kind of obvious they will resolve it but she will remember all the bad things you said about him in the middle!

maggieryan Sun 28-Jun-15 22:42:41

Thanks you're right. I have argument s with husband but my god if he called me those names I think I'd leave him. Yes I'll keep well out of it but have lost all respect for h. Thanks everyonesmile

Janette123 Sun 28-Jun-15 23:05:08

maggieryan,
I agree with others here, you should stay out of it.
People give the excuse that "I only said it in the heat of the moment" but I call BS on that. In my experience if someone says something in temper then what comes out of their mouth is usually what they really think.

Anyway, their arguments aren't your problem. Unless you are a fly-on-the-wall you won't know what he really said. You only have her word for it that he actually said that. [hmmm]

Atenco Mon 29-Jun-15 00:33:18

That is why mumsnet is good, because as RL friends it is very, very risky to get involved and say what you really think. I lost a few friends that way when I was young and stupid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now