Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not had a partner in 10 years

(4 Posts)
SaraChaud7 Thu 25-Jun-15 00:08:52

Well I have dated a few, but nothing serious. I have met someone and I think he is interested. Now soon enough there will be the question about previous relationships. I don't want to scare him off by saying I have had issues to deal with. I also am finding it hard to play it cool. When he text me, I sent him a rather long text about my entire week, giving away too much interest. It might be flattering but it might put him off... Well I worry.

CalleighDoodle Thu 25-Jun-15 00:13:32

He doesnt need to know anout any issue. Just say you have not had anything you sould consider as a serious relationship in 10 years. If you feel the need to write a long text do so, then delete and write a much shorter response.

RexsLittleSlut Thu 25-Jun-15 00:24:35

I would go for utter silence on the issue. iF he asks, i'd say it's not relevant to your relationship and move on.

goddessofsmallthings Thu 25-Jun-15 04:55:19

If he should ask simply respond with a breezy 'I haven't met anyone in the past 10 years that I've wanted to enter into a committed relationshp with'.

This covers a multitude of sins and establishes you as someone whose heart isn't given lightly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now