Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Bloody cerelle pill (no pun intended...well maybe abit lol)

(13 Posts)
Loobyloo15 Tue 23-Jun-15 10:07:31

Hi all. Urgh I've been taking cerelle for 13 days now and I can't stand the bleeding any more. Normal period is 5days for me. Anyone else had this problem? I took it on finsta day of my period and have been on ever since. It's also making me feel knackered and snappy. I'm planning g not to take it from today as sick of it. Am I likely to have prolonged withdraw bleed if I do this????

bigbumbrunette Tue 23-Jun-15 10:24:22

I was on cerelle for 3 months. It made me bleed for 4 days every 2 weeks. I went back and asked for cerazette again and was told it's exactly the same thing. They did give it to me after I cried at the Dr and I've been fine on it since (no bleeds at all)

goandshowdaddy Tue 23-Jun-15 10:28:12

I was the same and have now stopped taking it. Feel like I have no other options as doc won't let me take normal pill because of my age. The coil and implant, I presume, will have the same hormones as the mini pill so would have the same effect - does anyone else know if this is correct?

goandshowdaddy Tue 23-Jun-15 10:29:03

I didn't even think about going back and asking for cerazette again, just presumed they'd stopped doing it. Would a different brand help, do you think?

Loobyloo15 Tue 23-Jun-15 10:57:23

I heard cerezett is expensive so gps prescribing cheap cerelle. I'm going to get shirty if they don't give me cerezett. My friend has been prescribed it so I no it hasn't been discontinued. If that doesn't work for me then I'm buggered lol cos not keen on the idea of coil or injection. I've had 2 c sections and I don't want to be messed about with anymore ��

NutellaOnCrumpets Tue 23-Jun-15 10:57:57

When I started it over a year ago I bled (well it was spotting) for about 3-4 weeks I think, I was then about to quit the pill and it suddenly stopped. Didn't have anything at all then for 6 months. Had a couple of 5-6 day very light bleeds since then, which is only light spotting (only need a panyliner). Try and persevere if you can and hopefully it'll settle smile

Loobyloo15 Tue 23-Jun-15 11:01:01

Oh I can't bare it lol. I'm going to stamp my feet angry at the docs lol

Loobyloo15 Tue 23-Jun-15 11:02:03

Oh and I haven't had sex for 10 months now so im not prepared to wait much longer. LOL

Busybuzzybumblebee Tue 23-Jun-15 12:29:13

Mine have been a nightmare on it, bleed for 7 days every two weeks but Dr wouldn't change until been on it 6 months to let it settle which it has sort of. I can go couple of months without anything then have a period that is drawn out over 2 weeks, will have for 5 days then stops completely for a couple of days then starts up pita buy Dr won't switch and used to it now

museumum Tue 23-Jun-15 12:32:34

I was in cerazette pre pregnancy with no bleeding from day one for three years.
After pregnancy I went back on it and bled a lot (1-2days a week) for four months!!! It seems to be settling down now. I have a prescription for micronon and am just trying to decide whether to give another packet of cerazette a chance or switch at the end of this packet.

Loobyloo15 Tue 23-Jun-15 17:24:32

Urgh I wish I could go back on combined but they won't let me sad

pocketsaviour Tue 23-Jun-15 19:17:48

Should this not be on the Health board?

Loobyloo15 Tue 23-Jun-15 19:40:17

Does it matter What board it's on? Never been one for following rules lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now