Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Crumbling relationship

(8 Posts)
rachelkd Tue 23-Jun-15 09:13:02

I've been with my partner 4 years and we have a daughter together who is a year old next month.

My partner has always put technology ahead of me and now my daughter. Games and Facebook videos come first. He does very little with our daughter or around the house.

He seems to be very childish and selfish. He'll eat all the food in the house and leave me with no money. He got a new job as I was ending my maternity leave which means I can't work, so I'm reluctantly unemploymed.
I don't have friends or family near by.

He purposely annoys me. He'll sing and dance and rhyme everything. I know that doesn't sound bad... But it's like living with a CBeebies character constantly.

He's useless sexually so I've given up. Pointing him in the right direction don't work. His orgasm is all that counts.

Also recently I've started reading a lot about feminism and agreeing with it. He tells me I'm a 'man hater' now.

I am starting to hate him. I know he wants attention and love but I just can't give it to him. I resent him. I blow hot and cold with him because of it.

I'm banging my head against a wall.

FredaMayor Tue 23-Jun-15 09:20:24

Your DP is lazy in the relationship and doesn't respect you, although I believe you deserve respect if you give it.

I think you should find child care and get back into employment if you can, it will give you more autonomy and a chance to build up some funds for the decisions you make in the future.

WingsofNylon Wed 24-Jun-15 10:16:21

He sounds like he wants a lot from you but gives nothing back. How does he react when you try to talk to him about it all?

QuiteLikely5 Wed 24-Jun-15 10:18:26

I doubt you can change him.

What do you want to do about it?

Vivacia Wed 24-Jun-15 10:22:43

Why are you with him? Habit? confused

LadyBlaBlah Wed 24-Jun-15 11:12:57

It's hard to get things 'back' when this level of disdain has set in. You can't 'unsee' what you've now seen.

It's tough, OP.

I agree re going back to work. That will help you assess your options from a basis that you don't need to stay.

Jan45 Wed 24-Jun-15 11:21:33

Stop banging your head then and enjoy being with yourself.

FruminariaBandersnatchiosum Wed 24-Jun-15 12:37:01

Bin - no question. flowers for you OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now