Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Books/Resources for building self esteem please?

(7 Posts)
BitOfABoost Mon 22-Jun-15 21:57:57

I have been through some counselling (last year) to help me deal with some stuff to do with my relationship with my DM. Ultimately I have had anxiety/social anxiety for some years and a lack of self esteem/self confidence.

Some of this is on other threads (different names) some not.

Counselling is worked on quite a few bits, but I do keep finding myself slipping back into catastrophic thinking and believing I am not good enough/could not deal with or cope with stuff if it goes wrong...thus anxiety levels build with the slightest hiccup or bump life sends me. Not building as much. But still there. I have some tools to use from my counsellor to deal with the anxiety. They do get me back on track.

I cannot afford to do to any more counselling at the moment but I am feeling the need to tackle some of my self esteem issues.

Can anyone recommend please any on-line resources/books to help me in the right direction?

Thank you

pocketsaviour Mon 22-Jun-15 22:18:06

John Bradshaw's "Homecoming" and "Healing the Shame That Binds You" I have found very helpful.

holdyourown Mon 22-Jun-15 22:51:18

I've found the book 'Inner bonding' to be very good. Good luck OP flowers

BitOfABoost Sat 11-Jul-15 22:47:12

Just a quick update. Bought and read a John Bradshaw book. Was very enlightening of how he described the family dynamic to explain so much of our family fuck ups and my (and my sisters) issues. Didn't gel with his healing process/steps so much.

Am half way through the Inner Bonding and finding it amazing. Enlightening. Possibly life changing.

So flowers Thank you.

Inexperiencedchick Sat 11-Jul-15 23:02:15

Just being curious: "Inner Bonding" by who? Can you tell the author name please?

Thank you

BitOfABoost Sat 11-Jul-15 23:07:25

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009G2BMBY?keywords=inner%20bonding&qid=1436652351&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I got the kindle edition - which, as there are several diagrams/flow charts is a bit of a pita so get the proper book one iyswim.

holdyourown Sun 12-Jul-15 21:52:00

I'm so glad you're finding it helpful OP. It has changed my life! Am still working on it though it does take time. Best of luck to you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now