Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Choco rises...

(60 Posts)
chocoraisin Mon 22-Jun-15 16:27:11

I have no idea if anyone will remember my epically miserable divorce related posting back in 2012. But just in case anyone does, I wanted to give an update. It's been 3 years. I am now very divorced, Bean arrived safe and well and turns 3 in two weeks, Sprout is in school, nearly 5.

I did train as a life coach and founded a parent coaching practice in 2013, working with families affected by domestic abuse. My life experience has become an asset now! Most incredibly though, I met my gorgeous DP 18months ago, in the most obscure place ever, when I wasn't remotely interested in looking for a partner... on Friday he asked me to marry him and I said yes. star

I am posting this in part to let anyone going through a hideous breakup right now know that when people tell you 'this too shall pass', it's true. It does. Don't hold on to anything that is dragging you down... just let go. There is something better waiting for you on the other side grin

Also, I wanted to say to all who hand-held and looked after me and my DS's through that terrible time, thank you and you and you and you. You gave me back my faith in the good in people. You told me life would be better, and you were right. God bless Mumsnet. x

PushingThru Mon 22-Jun-15 16:30:18

What a lovely happy ending! More power to you!

Wonkyparsnip Mon 22-Jun-15 16:31:01

I was a mere lurker but your thread was one of the first I read on mumsnet. I'm so glad you're happy and living a wonderful life! High five Choco!

weedinthepool Mon 22-Jun-15 16:31:45

Oh choco I remember you! You were pregnant and your ex was a complete arsehole when he left yes?

I'm so so happy for you that your life is back in track. Congrats r the life coach job. You've given me hope, the life is a car crash right now. Thank you x

chocoraisin Mon 22-Jun-15 16:32:20

thank you! flowers xx

mrsdavidbowie Mon 22-Jun-15 16:33:59

Many congratulations. Very inspiring.

AnyFucker Mon 22-Jun-15 16:44:12

I remember you

Congratulations thanks

Cabrinha Mon 22-Jun-15 17:16:48

Oh that's lovely! flowers congratulations!

chocoraisin Mon 22-Jun-15 17:31:22

Hi AF! I thought you might smile your sterling advice was fully taken on board at the time (and stayed with me long after).

Thanks for the congrats X

woowoo22 Mon 22-Jun-15 17:50:09

Woohoo! thanks

TheAwfulDaughter Mon 22-Jun-15 17:56:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

maras2 Mon 22-Jun-15 18:07:04

Hiya Choco.Congratulations flowers you brave woman you.

Congratulations!!!! Onwards and upwards as theysay. You still doing the blog? flowers

HazelBite Mon 22-Jun-15 19:19:38

I remember you, well done you!

BathtimeFunkster Mon 22-Jun-15 19:22:48

What a lovely update. Well done, choco flowers

Danceintherain2015 Mon 22-Jun-15 19:23:08

I remember choco as our stories ( taunt exes) were at the same time ! I am so glad to hear you and bean are good ! Same here !!smile a testament to new beginnings and hope!

StaircaseAtTheUniversity Mon 22-Jun-15 19:26:52

I remember! Lovely news. I'm glad you're doing so well.

GammonAndEgg Mon 22-Jun-15 20:01:16

I remember! Brilliant update flowers

Lovethesea Mon 22-Jun-15 20:02:53

I remember you too! I wondered how you were doing in your new house with the ex who moved round the corner from you .....

Delighted all is well, and especially that you have found a way to turn awful times to strength for others.

tribpot Mon 22-Jun-15 20:04:06

Congratulations, choco! So glad that you have found happiness.

MilliVanilliTinyWilly Mon 22-Jun-15 20:21:45

I remember too. Can't believe its over 3 years ago. Congrats on building a lovely life for your boys and yourself.

Vivacia Mon 22-Jun-15 20:37:46

Congratulations flowers and how generous to take the time to share your story where others may really, really appreciate the perspective from the other end.

magoria Mon 22-Jun-15 20:40:07

I remember your thread.

Glad things are going so well!

chocoraisin Mon 22-Jun-15 20:47:24

gosh, how lovely that you guys remembered - and even about the blog! yes the blog lives thanks everything, I haven't put much on about DP or that part of life though. We still live apart 5 days a week so it's more of a 'from the perspective of a lone parent' sort of blog these days.

I know this board is mostly about supporting people through the storms and god knows I needed it when I was here before, but yes, I also know now and then it really helps to have some solid evidence that the shit storm does actually pass in the end. It can and does get better. Onwards and upwards my lovelies! Always time for a quick brew though. Biccy anyone?

chocoraisin Mon 22-Jun-15 20:47:55

thanks for all the lovely congratulations too grin flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now