Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I need a hug

(15 Posts)
deckthehallswithdesperation Sat 20-Jun-15 11:28:44

I'm sooo low today I don't know how to keep going. My deceitful, lying stbxh & his appalling behaviour is really getting to me & I'm about at the limit of my coping. I'd really love to just have a long hug in someones arms but that's not going to happen. How do you cope?

madmother1 Sat 20-Jun-15 11:33:22

I'm sending you a huge hug. I'm going to do a bit of shopping and having lunch on my own !! I'm single now and can do what I like. Spend your time with people who care for you and make you happy xxx

pocketsaviour Sat 20-Jun-15 11:34:02

((deck)) here's a virtual un-MN hug for you.

Can you do something nice with your DDs today?

keepingmum121 Sat 20-Jun-15 11:34:12

I would give you one if I could. Sorry you feel so awful.
Offload here if it helps. X

Senada Sat 20-Jun-15 11:43:17

Long time lurker on your threads.

Divorce is horrible.
How do you cope with the most horrible bits during divorce?
Rely on your RL friends, post at MN too, do lots of nice things for yourself, whatever you enjoy that doesn't cost too much and most important do NOT get caught up in the drama caused by stbx spouse. Honestly, it's not worth it.

wheelycote Sat 20-Jun-15 11:43:25

Big hugs your way xxx
Your ex is unlikely to change his behaviour. Just remember you can't reason with an unreasonable person. So spare your energy so that you can focus it on yourself and dc. Some days may be tough and every min may feel like an eternity but other days will be good and eventually the good days become more and more. Get yourself out of the house even if your just walking it'll help clear your head. Keep posting and get it all off your chest rather than your mind turning things over

Pancakeflipper Sat 20-Jun-15 11:44:45

(((unmnetter HUG)))

deckthehallswithdesperation Sat 20-Jun-15 11:54:56

There is someone I like. I'm thinking of plucking up the courage to ask them out for coffee. (Not right now) I think people will say it's a mistake right now though (probably including him as he knows I'm divorcing). I just want a bit of niceness in my life to counteract the poison I'm sitting in.

Senada Sat 20-Jun-15 11:56:59

It doesn't matter what other people think, does it really? I do think it's a mistake right now, having read all your threads, but my opinion matters not a jot and neither does anyone else's.

fusspot66 Sat 20-Jun-15 11:59:01

Another hug here from one of your lurkers. Give those cats a squeeze. This too will pass.

AccordingtoMe Sat 20-Jun-15 13:21:21

Huge hug from me Deck, how you haven't lost your sanity over all your idiot H's fuckwittery Ill never know.

Yet you still seem to find humour where you can.

You are great flowers

deckthehallswithdesperation Sat 20-Jun-15 15:56:32

Home again & still feeling really down about that back-stabbing, cheating b1tch of a sil. How my heart still beats & my lungs still draw breath I don't know... Keep trying to lift myself 'in a few days I'll feel stronger' etc etc, but it isn't working sad

neighbourhoodwitch Sat 20-Jun-15 17:09:57

Big big hugs and loads of love. xxx

clippityclop Sat 20-Jun-15 22:47:49

No idea of your story but here's a hug from me too. Onwards and upwards etc x

Donatello68 Sat 20-Jun-15 23:09:23

Big hugs. Completely know where you are coming from. I try and take it a day at a time. Divorce is a million times harder than I ever imagined but, it will be worth getting away from abusive STBXH & getting my life back. Ask the guy out - you never know!! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now