Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationship falling Apart

(9 Posts)
soconfused2015uk Wed 17-Jun-15 08:37:21

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to see if I can get some advice on my situation. I have been with my partner for 18 months she has 2 lovely children one boy and one girl. Over the last 18 months we have had some ups and downs but they all mean the world to me.

soconfused2015uk Wed 17-Jun-15 08:42:34

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to see if I can get some advice on my situation. I have been with my partner for 18 months she has 2 lovely children one boy and one girl. Over the last 18 months we have had some ups and downs but they all mean the world to me.

At the beginning of the year we had some issues wither her daughter where her mother had been saying hurtful things about me to her which caused her to say that she does not want me around anymore and that she hates me.

My partner basically told me to leave because she did not want her daughter to be hurt which I understood. We eventually after some time spoke and worked things through and last month her daughter asked to see me and we started to get back on track.

Now yesterday i thought everything was going well we had a couple of arguments over the past few weeks because my partner had seemed distant and had no time for me. She then comes out that her sons father has threatened to take him away if she continues being with me. She has asked me to give her space which is what I am doing but I feel devastated that I could lose the three most important people in my life over this man who is jealous.

I just don't know what to do.

PurpleWithRed Wed 17-Jun-15 08:47:58

Give her the space - are you sure it's because of her son's father, or is she gently trying to let you down?

soconfused2015uk Wed 17-Jun-15 08:52:26

To be honest I am sure it is to do with him. He has always had a problem with me because I made my partner happy. I could handle it if she told me she didn't want me anymore it would be hard but I don't think she is the sort of person who would make this up.

Vivacia Wed 17-Jun-15 08:52:48

"Partner" suggests that you are all living together. Do you have somewhere to stay? Are your finances protected? I'd be preparing for the worse because things here don't ring true. Her ex can't "take the children away" just because he doesn't like you.

soconfused2015uk Wed 17-Jun-15 08:55:07

No we don't live together sorry if I gave that impression. I have tried to tell her that he can't but when I spoke to her she came across as terrified that she will lose the children.

MatildaTheCat Wed 17-Jun-15 09:24:09

Why should she lose her dc? Do you have a bad history or some reason to be of danger to them? If not then frankly your problem is your DP. If she won't set herself free from her ex and decide to live her life as she wishes then you do,indeed have a problem.

soconfused2015uk Wed 17-Jun-15 09:34:12

Thats the thing there is no reason why she would lose them. She has asked for space so thats what I will give.

Vivacia Wed 17-Jun-15 10:23:06

She has asked for space so thats what I will give.

It's all you can do, but I'm afraid that it does sound like she's trying to make excuses let you down gently. Are your finances safe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now