Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

When your relationship was over, did you know for sure?

(4 Posts)
hawaiibaby Mon 15-Jun-15 17:05:57

Or were there still some doubts?

I am feeling very confused, not least over having DS together and the future WRT him. We have had a difficult year with failed fertility treatment and an ectopic pregnancy and have busy lives which can be stressful with extended family issues. I don't know how much of this is to 'blame' or if it's just highlighting that we just aren't right for each other any more. We have always argued but I'm at a point where I just don't want to do that and feel like we are not on the same page about a lot of things.

Things have felt strained and distant since the failed treatment a few weeks ago - during treatment itself things were fine but I don't know if we were both just focussing on that. ATM all I can see is his faults and how difficult he can be about things that don't need to be an issue... his negativity and attitude at times are awful. BUT I have felt this way before then we have got through it and I've been shocked that I contemplated ending it because of all the good stuff there is about us and our relationship. He doesn't treat ME badly - he is very loyal and loving and an amazing dad; but right now I feel so unhappy, yet the thought of ending our marriage fills me with dread.

I don't want to bang on too much and send you all to sleep but happy to give further detail - any thoughts or experiences appreciated on this or knowing it was 'the end' appreciated.

Zzzsnatcher Mon 15-Jun-15 17:18:38

I've just started a thread called when to call time on relationship.
Nothing helpful to add but I'm in the same place. Hope you resolve it soon

hawaiibaby Mon 15-Jun-15 17:23:11

Thanks Zzz, will have a look now. Sorry you are in the same position.

Zzzsnatcher Mon 15-Jun-15 17:26:19

I'm not sure I have any replies yet though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now