Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ideas for little romantic gestures

(10 Posts)
INeedSomeHelp Mon 15-Jun-15 10:55:24

I have recently started seeing a man who is very thoughtful and good at little romantic ideas. Sometimes these will be gifts but other times just little things like running me a bath and putting candles around it etc.
It is so lovely and I've never been with anyone who treats me like this before. Trouble is, I'm rubbish at it! I don't think I'm an uncaring person but some of these things would just never enter my head. And even when I think about it I struggle to come up with any ideas.
So can I have some suggestions of things I could do to surprise him. I don't have a lot of money so free/cheap ideas particularly welcome!

wonderingsoul Mon 15-Jun-15 12:16:34

its the little things imo,

for me I make him a coffee in the morning and bring it to him in bed if im up before him, run him a bath, do a fry up or a breakfast of his choice on the weekends. random kisses.
if im out and I see his favourite chocolate or sweet, or something small that I know hell enjoy ill get it, like he loves what I call fake cheese but I never have it in the house as I hate the stuff, ill make sure I have some in if hes over for the weekend.
little cheesy and corny but when I ordered pizza last momth on line I got them to arange the sausage meat in a heart. he thought it was cute and funny.

jesy Mon 15-Jun-15 16:37:54

I cook for my bf,
He pay for the food and I cook and as I've been a cow and as thank you for not pushing me into going out today I've planned a nice meal as he is getting home early tomorrow.

Jenoftheweek Mon 15-Jun-15 17:07:32

I'd buy him new socks.

Baies Mon 15-Jun-15 19:15:02

Just do little things. Buy him the odd chocolate bar or costa coffee ... Whatever he likes.

MadeMan Mon 15-Jun-15 19:17:52

How about nipple tassels baking some cakes for him.

pocketsaviour Mon 15-Jun-15 19:20:24

Find out what his favourite meal is, and cook it, or surprise him with a meal out to his favourite place.

If you're spending the night, in the morning say "I'll go out and get the Sunday papers" (or whatever) and come back with fresh orange juice, takeout coffees and croissants. Then strip off and have breakfast in bed.

Also, send off the cuff texts during the day. Like "I'm so glad I met you" or "I can't wait to see you tomorrow" or whatever floats your boat.

He sounds lovely. Good luck smile

Playthegameout Mon 15-Jun-15 19:31:19

I think the nicest things are the small considerations. Dh makes me a huge mug of coffee every morning because he knows I can't function until I've had caffeine, I like cooking his favourite foods. Saying you appreciate someone is really lovely. It doesn't happen enough in the world.

How about a magazine of an interest of his? Dh loves films, so I get him a film magazine and a chocolate bar or a coffee.

Onedayinthesun Mon 15-Jun-15 19:48:02

A nice thing my Dh did for me was pick me up from work on a sunny evening and took me to the park to share a surprise M&S picnic of sandwiches, sushi and wine. Very sweet & thoughtful!

INeedSomeHelp Mon 15-Jun-15 22:37:22

Thanks everyone - some really good ideas here. Although if I wore nipple tassles whilst baking I'd probably get them tangled up in the whisk or something grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now