Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He just left......

(9 Posts)
SomebodyWillGetHurt Fri 12-Jun-15 22:31:48

An hour an twenty minutes ago my oh and I had a small row. An hour ago he had a bag packed and left. I think I supposed to phone him and plead with him to come back. I really can't be arsed though.
The row was about him rowing with the teenager about sharing sweets last night. He didn't want to and got in a huge huff and stormed off to bed.

Dowser Fri 12-Jun-15 22:37:28

Apart from feeling you can't be arsed. How do you feel about the possibility of him making it a permanent move.

GinSoakedBitchyPony Fri 12-Jun-15 22:37:49

Is there a back story here OP? It seems quite an overreaction.

scarletforya Fri 12-Jun-15 22:39:43

Quite an overreaction. Which leads me to suspect that he's engineered the fight. Check his phone next opportunity.

ALaughAMinute Fri 12-Jun-15 22:54:12

Is he just demonstrating his anger or do you think he'll come back?

SomebodyWillGetHurt Fri 12-Jun-15 22:56:19

Well aside from all the dealing with money/kids/fallout I wouldn't be too keen to woo him back. If no children and joint finances I'd be fine. It's a power thing though. I'd say he's hoping I'll cave. I said to him this evening that I wasn't happy about last night and I'm tired of not saying things because I'm so worried about how he'll react. I said I didn't want a row but I wanted him to know I thought he was so out of order and he should think hard about how he's being. And this was how he reacted.

SomebodyWillGetHurt Fri 12-Jun-15 23:01:02

I hope he doesn't come back tonight. He's in work tomorrow but off Sunday. It was a small enough bag. For all I know he filled it with a pillow to look full

tipsytrifle Sat 13-Jun-15 00:20:13

Can you ensure there's no re-entry tonight? Sounds like you're at the outer edge of tolerance. Is there more?

KetchupIsNearlyAVegetable Sat 13-Jun-15 16:14:42

Sounds like you handled that perfectly.

You say it is a power thing

What will he try next to regain his power, this plan having failed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now