Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Skipping a honeymoon stage

(11 Posts)
MsPepsi Thu 11-Jun-15 22:28:49

Just wondering if anyone is with someone they never had a honeymoon period with? Where youd literally think about the other person all the time, miss them
Heaps, want to rip clothes off etc?

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Thu 11-Jun-15 22:29:44

Are you saying you don't/didn't feel like that with the person you're currently with?

pocketsaviour Thu 11-Jun-15 22:32:42

I don't think I've ever had a relationship where there wasn't that stage. Even with a guy I wasn't hugely physically attracted to, there was still attraction to him, if you know what I mean, and I was walking with a spring in my step, looking forward to seeing him, etc.

MsPepsi Thu 11-Jun-15 22:33:23

Yep. Am only four months in. He was a friend, which I imagine is probably why. I love his company and we get on so well. Have lush time on dates etc. I can't wait to see him next, but don't miss him heaps

scribblegirl Thu 11-Jun-15 22:35:29

To be honest i think that sometimes that need to be with someone obsessively is born out of your own insecurity. The fact that you don't desperately miss hun suggests you're comfortable that he'll be there next time?

scribblegirl Thu 11-Jun-15 22:36:19

ARGH! Worst MN typo ever! I meant 'him', not <whispers> 'hun'...

MsPepsi Thu 11-Jun-15 22:38:21

That could be right scribble. He's really in to me. It's nice to have someone in to me that I do actually like. I could chill for him days on end and have great fun with. But in that time it would never be sex sex sex if that makes sense?

lovespuds Thu 11-Jun-15 22:41:35

Hmmmm... I would be very disappointed indeed to skip that stage! Although it sounds like you have grounds for a solid relationship, assuming that although it's not sex sex sex, there is... well, some sex! Good sex. I sound obsessed blush

MsPepsi Thu 11-Jun-15 22:50:03

I kind of feel that I've missed out on the stage, but the only time I had a relationship with lots of sex in it, it became too much about the sex and I had a weird animalistic attraction to
Him that took nearly a year to shift!shock

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Fri 12-Jun-15 07:17:10

Like lovespuds I think id really miss that stage. I'm expecting baby number 2 with DH now and when the going gets tough I remember those days and how amazing it all was and it kind of renews the attraction if you know what I mean? We were friends for a long time before getting together too.

ScrambledEggAndToast Fri 12-Jun-15 07:32:39

I'd say it was like that with my most recent ex. I never felt like ripping his clothes off. As much as it pains me to say it, the person I felt like it the most was my ex-husband. I despise the man now (it's been 7 years since we split) but bloody hell was that a good honeymoon period gringringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now