Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ffs!!!!!!!!

(31 Posts)
Jerseyknit Thu 11-Jun-15 20:55:31

Why can't I attract a man!!! I've been single forever. I'm a fecking good catch. I don't feckin get it. Now I'm too Feckin old and I'll be left on the shelf. Aaaaaaaaaathghhhhh. Somebody tell me why. biscuit wine cake star.

teatrailer Thu 11-Jun-15 21:01:33

Are you a bit shy perhaps?

oabiti Thu 11-Jun-15 21:07:06

Because you say 'fecking' too much! grin

Theoldcauliflower Thu 11-Jun-15 21:10:48

How old are you? My aunt is 41 and just met the one wink

Jerseyknit Thu 11-Jun-15 21:11:10

No I'm fecking not for feck sake grin

Jerseyknit Thu 11-Jun-15 21:11:39

And I'm feckin normal (kind of)

Jerseyknit Thu 11-Jun-15 21:12:18

I'm older than 41 and younger than 45

QueenQueenie Thu 11-Jun-15 21:12:40

Overuse of exclamation marls. Overuse of emojis. Men don't like those things. You're welcome.

QueenQueenie Thu 11-Jun-15 21:13:04

MARKS (not marls).

LineRunner Thu 11-Jun-15 21:13:23

I don't know why.

LineRunner Thu 11-Jun-15 21:14:23

Are you online dating?

Jerseyknit Thu 11-Jun-15 21:14:31

I don't even think men see me as attractive. I think I'm gorgeous. Sometimes. I must be unapproachable. I must give off a wiffy stench or maybe halitosis. Even people with halitosis fall in love. grin

whothehellknows Thu 11-Jun-15 21:18:14

Are you confident? You sound confident. Do you ask guys out? I gave up waiting for guys to ask me out and now if I find one that's single I just go for it.

WipsGlitter Thu 11-Jun-15 21:23:16

Why do you think you're a good catch?

holdyourown Thu 11-Jun-15 21:25:21

Try new things like going to places you don't normally go, even different supermarkets. Flirt at every given opportunity eg bus stop, garage. Just start to give off the vibes a bit more and then report back here in one month wink

BeenWondering Thu 11-Jun-15 21:27:09

And bear in mind that desperation sends people running off miles in the opposite direction. Beware of the kind of man you'll attract if you come across as 'needing' a man.

I'm not suggesting that you're walking around with a banner around your neck but women who seek to be in a relationship for the sake of having someone are often prime for abuse.

Also consider the kind of vibe you give off. Is your body language confident and approachable?
What types of things are you doing to get a date? Online dating? Going out with friends and open to meeting others?

teatrailer Thu 11-Jun-15 21:27:09

They think that they'd be punching above their weight, so opt for less attractive women, perhaps.

whothehellknows Thu 11-Jun-15 21:35:06

* I should actually take the time to explain that I don't just ask out every unpartnered guy who I encounter. But if I know a guy who I think is kind, hardworking, positive and with whom I have some basic stuff in common... Then I'll chat him up and see what happens. At the very least, I'll probably end up with a night out and some grown up conversation and maybe a good friend or potential partner.

deckthehallswithdesperation Thu 11-Jun-15 21:51:46

Op, I'm your age or thereabouts & I plan on having them queueing round the block when I start. There has to be hope, we're young & gorgeous & in the prime of life grin

Jerseyknit Thu 11-Jun-15 22:52:57

Quite right Deck. I actually don't really meet many men. I'm online dating right now and I've only had a couple of men contact me. I can't really arsed so maybe thats the problem.

Wips I'm a good catch because I'm a nice person, I'm attractive, I take care of myself, I'm independent, I'm cultured, I've got a good job. I've got it going on. I don't have a clue how to flirt and I'm probably not giving off the right vibe. I've lost my mojo.

lovespuds Thu 11-Jun-15 22:55:51

Ah, Jersey, it's def the last bit I reckon! Find that mojo.

pocketsaviour Thu 11-Jun-15 23:03:35

I'm online dating right now and I've only had a couple of men contact me.

That probably indicates you need a profile makeover, and maybe a better profile pic. I'm the same age as you and I'm a massive fatty but as soon as I activate my OKCupid profile, I get contacts every day.

JoyceDivision Thu 11-Jun-15 23:09:33

online dating

friend put in pic: career woman, good looking, intelligent, feisty.

A few hits

Friend put in pic: pic of arse and legs in posh sheer pants.

Lots of hits.

What online dating are you using/ Is the established user group up for flings / swipes on a pic or more looking for longh term?

DrMorbius Fri 12-Jun-15 08:20:23

Online dating is like fishing, you are out to catch a man. So you need to set your bait accordingly. Its a bit like modifying your CV to suit a specific job.

IMHO - I'm a good catch, I'm attractive, I take care of myself, I'm independent, I'm cultured, I've got a good job. I've got it going on is not, hello boys look at me, bait.

knittingdad Fri 12-Jun-15 10:19:26

To add to what DrMorbius says, there is a difference between showing and telling. Telling can come across as arrogant, but showing allows people to form their own - inevitably positive ;-) - judgement.

It's the difference between a dating profile that states "GSOH" and one that is humorous. The latter is definitely more attractive than the former.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now