Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

shit day at work...first time I don't want to be home alone!

(13 Posts)
yougotafriend Thu 11-Jun-15 18:46:40

8 months after leaving stbxh and not having missed him at all, I've come home after a horrible day at work and really miss having someone to sound off too.

He was a crap listener so didn't even understand what I was talking about half the time, but he was there to give a hug if I wanted one!

It pisses me off that I'm thinking like this when I've come so far

onepieceoflollipop Thu 11-Jun-15 18:54:05

Aah this is hard. Would it help if you did something you wouldn't usually do as a distraction?
Maybe go out to friends/shops/gym just so you are around people. Or have a glass of something and a bath.
Sometimes if you stick in your usual routine it means you might be overthinking or ruminating on what might have been, that's how it goes for me sometimes.
The first year is the hardest I think. x

yougotafriend Thu 11-Jun-15 19:20:18

I was due to go to the gym but cancelled as I thought I'd come home & enjoy the sunshine.... Should've gone after all would occupied some time & left me physically too exhausted to dwell.

pocketsaviour Thu 11-Jun-15 19:23:15

Can you text or FB a friend and have a rant to them?

BifsWif Thu 11-Jun-15 19:23:52

Do you want to rant to us about your shit day?
Can you sit in the sun with a glass of something nice?

mrsmeerkat Thu 11-Jun-15 19:32:39

Have you got a good book to get stuck into or walk to the shop for nice magazine an wine and pampering

Wotsup Thu 11-Jun-15 19:45:58

Any good funny dvds to watch? With a tub of favourite ice-cream to scoff?

yougotafriend Thu 11-Jun-15 19:47:02

Crisp butty, alcohol, chocolate and a rant to my dm on the phone.... Feeling much better. Thanks all x

yougotafriend Thu 11-Jun-15 19:48:04

Yea an The Big Bang Theory on a loop!

ActiviaYoghurt Thu 11-Jun-15 20:20:41

Garden, bath?

Wotsup Thu 11-Jun-15 20:49:56

Ring STBXH for a chat and invite him back...and then you'll remember what a sh*t day can really be like. grin

yougotafriend Thu 11-Jun-15 21:14:58

Haha wotsup that's put it totally in perspective!! Thanks

Wotsup Fri 12-Jun-15 21:27:11

Nay prob. X Hope you're feeling better today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now