Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I feel very alone and sad

(2 Posts)
AsGoodAsItGetz Mon 08-Jun-15 17:29:16

I really loved someone when I was very young, he stopped loving me about four years into the relationship and I was devastated for years. I never saw it coming, he just popped out with it.

I had a couple of long term relationships lasting year or two with men I deep down didn't love but had the most beautiful child who lights up my life with one of them so we are now a family of two and I don't have the biological clock on me.

I then loved some again and thought that was "it" for sure. It was a great relationship and he acted like he loved me very deeply but then he jilted me right before our wedding a couple of years ago and disappeared from my life like he'd never even known me. Again, I never saw this coming.

That was a couple of years ago and I have really tried quite hard to remain positive and get out there, but i just feel so world weary sometimes like crawling under a rock.

I tried internet dating and it was okay, plenty of dates, I just feel like something is wrong with me. I think I'm quite attractive, and a lot of men try and sleep with me or ask me out. I half enjoy this and half feel disgusted.

When men compliment me, I suppose I don't really believe them. Or I half believe them in the sense I think that they think I am amazing, but i also deep down think that once they spend four years with me they will change their mind overnight - like the other two did.

Both times I really loved someone and believed completely that they loved me back, they left me unexpectedly without any pre-warning or anything to give me a hint it was coming.

I think I have started going for men who treat me badly too. I feel very alone, and don't want to but don't know what to do.

I do have a very good life, an amazing kid, great family, great friends but inside I am just so lonely. I really miss having someone to cuddle or someone to call or kiss or whatever. I also miss having someone in my life that I trusted and knew I could count on.

I know I'm approaching 40 now and I feel weary. I just wanted to vent really. I'd not really say anything to anyone in real life because they all think I am fine now after the jilting and I'd not want to bring anyone down.

givemehopehelpmecope Mon 08-Jun-15 18:08:02

I really feel for you. My own marriage ended abruptly & without notice 3yrs ago when i was 39. I never thought i would find anyone else, but i did. And now that is falling apart due to his MH issues. I too feel lonely & sad & also that i must attract the wrong kind of man. I don't know what to say/advise, but just wanted to extend a hand & let you know you are not the only one. All the best xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now