Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Men, what d'you think if a woman asks for sex?

(6 Posts)
toolongwithout Mon 08-Jun-15 08:02:58

Do you think 'desperate', 'slapper' or 'yes please'? If you were single, mature & a divorcing woman asked you to consider a sexual relationship to help her break the ice after a long sexual drought how would you feel? Obviously a woman wouldn't ask any old man, there'd have to be some sort of attraction but I'm kind of putting the sex ahead of dating. Does it smack of sheer desperation or a modern woman taking her chance?

DrSethHazlittMD Mon 08-Jun-15 08:39:49

I've been a single man for 5 years and haven't had sex for 4 years. If a woman said that to me and I found her attractive, my answer would be HELL YES!

I see absolutely nothing wrong with anyone of either gender or sexuality choosing to have sex whenever they want with whoever they want as long as everyone knows what the score is and it's all safe.

(No, I am not proposing myself for the 'vacancy')

infiniteregression Mon 08-Jun-15 08:52:55

Men, like women, differ on their attitudes to sex. Some may find it uncomfortable to be put on the spot, others will be happy to have a woman come on to them, some may treat it as a bit of fun, others may treat it as a sign you want something more serious. If there's a man you know who you have a chemistry with and who you think truly respects women, make a move but verbalise what you are wanting before doing the deed. If he's a modern man he'll treat you as a modern woman. Don't forget, most men get desperate for sex every now and then so will know how you feel!

ScrambledEggAndToast Mon 08-Jun-15 09:00:49

DrSeth- Your answer made me gringrin

As for you OP, why not? I'm not a man btw so can only say from a woman's PoV. I had a FWB for a while and the main difficulty is that one of you can decide that you want more, whilst the other just wants the sex. In my case, I wanted more and he didn't so I ended it before I got too hurt. Set out boundaries and you'll be fine. Have fun.

Anniegetyourgun Mon 08-Jun-15 09:02:39

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOwlrJKWtE

And that's at least 30 years old!

MephistophelesApprentice Mon 08-Jun-15 09:02:49

It depends on the approach. If its evident that the person is propositioning a large number people with a sense of uncomfortable urgency I'd be a little concerned for their wellbeing and would want to avoid accidentally exploiting them. If it seemed they actually fancied me and simply wanted to be direct about I'd
welcome it enthusiastically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now