Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What would you think

(20 Posts)
Jolapa123 Sun 07-Jun-15 16:31:40

Back story, found out my husband was having an affair with a work colleague in february, have the evidence, chats, emails, photos even video clips.... nasty, despite me willing to try again he refuses so i have filed for divorce naming her as co-respondent. she text me last week to ask if we are now even and i am so fucking angry .... Even !!!, she has taken my life and destroyed it, my son is in bits and she asked if we are even , what do you think ??? i need to understand why 3 months after finding out I am so angry i want to destroy her.

winkywinkola Sun 07-Jun-15 16:35:03

Well you know if it wasn't that silly slag then it would have been another one.

She's obviously without any sort of moral compass whatsoever.

I would respond and say, "Yes I would say we are indeed even now that the world knows what a easy knocker dropping slapper you are. Hope it was all worth it. All the very best. mwah."

winkywinkola Sun 07-Jun-15 16:35:23

knicker dropping

lifeissweet Sun 07-Jun-15 17:11:49

The bloody nerve of the woman! Seriously!

UptheAnty Sun 07-Jun-15 17:22:30

Are they still together?

mrstweefromtweesville Sun 07-Jun-15 17:24:57

You are angry with a woman because your husband was unfaithful to you? That's unreasonable.

Gorgonzolacherry Sun 07-Jun-15 17:24:57

I didn't knwi you could name the OW as co-respondent in divorce proceedings. ATTAGIRL!!! she's clearly fuming. Don't bother replying and I guess she could disclose your text in evidence at trial that you are vexatious so from a legal perspective, definitely don't reply.

GoatsDoRoam Sun 07-Jun-15 17:28:44

You ask "what would you think," and in truth if I was in your exact postion, I would probably feel all the rage and hurt that you are feeling.

However, with the benefit of objective detachment since I am not you, I can say that there is nothing gained from responding to her, or giving her words any of your headspace or energy.

What can you do to distract yourself? I think physical activity to work out the anger could be good right now. Is there anything that needs to be dug, beaten, broken, or shredded in your garden or house?

winkywinkola Sun 07-Jun-15 17:29:46

It's not unreasonable at all to also be angry with the woman who thought it was okay to fuck a married man.

mrstweefromtweesville Sun 07-Jun-15 17:34:51

It is absolutely unreasonable. And your comments are offensive. The man was married to the wronged woman, it was his responsibility to be faithful.

AcrossthePond55 Sun 07-Jun-15 17:47:21

I'd just send her this : [hmm}

Seriously, don't reply. She's not worth losing your dignity.

AcrossthePond55 Sun 07-Jun-15 17:48:22

OK, this; hmm

Paddywackery Sun 07-Jun-15 17:59:13

I would text back 'Who is this?'.

UptheAnty Sun 07-Jun-15 17:59:24

On these threads you always get people coming along telling you yabu for being angry at the ow.

Why won't some people just accept that being angry at the other woman in no ways makes you less angry at your partner. You can be angry at your partner and hold him/her 100% responsible for their behavior and choices and still be angry at the other person involved in your hurt seperately.

I wouldn't give the bitch the steam off your piss op.
Don't hold grudges.
Just remember facts.

I'm glad she's upset enough by it to contact you... Must have really upset her ��

Onwards and upwards op.

DO NOT RESPOND.

handfulofcottonbuds Sun 07-Jun-15 18:03:30

Don't reply at all - maintain your dignity.

I didn't name OW on the divorce papers, my solicitor advised me against it but I wish I had. It would have ultimately helped me in the long legal process.

winkywinkola Sun 07-Jun-15 18:10:08

And other people have a moral responsibility too. Married or not.

bjrce Sun 07-Jun-15 20:23:13

Don't reply!

NEVER respond to a text in anger.

If she continues to text you, respond : Do not ever text me again, if you do I am contacting the police for harassment.

HootyMcTooty Sun 07-Jun-15 20:25:51

Bjrce is spot on

JohnFarleysRuskin Sun 07-Jun-15 20:28:20

Yeah, she's quite the Mary poppins isn't she?

Of course you're upset op. Three months isn't long at all. And how date she text you? Don't text back. She's not worth it.
Keep on keeping on.

pocketsaviour Sun 07-Jun-15 20:32:29

I wouldn't give the bitch the steam off your piss

God I'm writing that one down for future use.

Don't reply though. I'd guess she's probably DYING to receive some angry text from you that she can show to all her mates and say "No wonder he left her, what a bitch."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now