Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Crush on School Mum

(67 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

littlecrush Thu 04-Jun-15 20:56:34

I have developed a bad crush on one of the mums on my school run. She is wonderful: super friendly, warm, open, clever, beautiful, and feminist. I blush and stutter when I see her and it will only be a matter of time before she notices.

We are becoming friends and I wonder if she feels the same. She has recently become more attentive, inviting me to various social events including a weekend away with our children. I wonder if she is trying to tell me something! I'm sure it won't go further and the excitement is in the extra attention and compliments, but I do wonder if there is a bit more to our school group than meets the eye, and whether there is a Bloomsbury-style arrangement within some of the mums. Exciting!

Please tell me that someone has had the same! I am becoming obsessed by minute details such as how she looks at me, things she says and does. The signals could be mixed but I wonder if she is hoping for something to happen. Is there some sort of sign?
Someone help me!

kinkyfuckery Thu 04-Jun-15 20:59:24

I think you need to back off. Regardless of whether she may or may not have feelings for you, "becoming obsessed" will never be a healthy arrangement

Brightonmumtoatoddler Thu 04-Jun-15 21:06:43

Are you male or female?

nilbyname Thu 04-Jun-15 21:09:34

Are you both single?

Don't become obsessed, but by all means suggest a non kid relays adult activity and see how it goes? Cinema, shandies down the pub, theatre?

Wideopenspace Thu 04-Jun-15 21:09:47

'whether there is a Bloomsbury-style arrangement within some of the mums'

What the bloody hell does THAT mean?

You think they might be writers? Conscientious objectors?

Lovepancakes Thu 04-Jun-15 21:12:05

Are you both single is a very relevant question

Lucy61 Thu 04-Jun-15 21:16:30

Yrs, enlighten us on the Bloomsbury style thing.

Are you single? Male or female?

Sansarya Thu 04-Jun-15 21:16:45

OP is a woman I'm guessing, given her talk of Bloomsbury arrangements.

Sansarya Thu 04-Jun-15 21:17:31

As in the Bloomsbury Set - Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-a West etc.

Wideopenspace Thu 04-Jun-15 21:19:15

Yeah, that's possible Sansarya, but 'bloomsbury arrangements' is a very unusual suggestion to make about a group of school mums...

StonedGalah Thu 04-Jun-15 21:20:16

I've read some corkers on here, but this OP takes the prize.

Sansarya Thu 04-Jun-15 21:20:37

I took that to mean husbands turning a blind eye to lesbian love affairs on the side. Or I could be completely misinterpreting it and OP is a burly rugby-playing bloke!

LineRunner Thu 04-Jun-15 21:21:06

Mornington Crescent.

FlaviaAlbia Thu 04-Jun-15 21:21:16

Anyone else think the OP is a man hoping for lurid confessions about 'Bloomsbury set' activities? hmm

Sansarya Thu 04-Jun-15 21:21:45

Hah, precisely that thought just crossed my mind!

Wideopenspace Thu 04-Jun-15 21:22:33

Yeah, I'm just not sure many actual lesbians would be suggesting the school mums are all lesbians....

A burly rugby player on the other hand... grin

BuildYourOwnSnowman Thu 04-Jun-15 21:23:03

Lived in squares and loved in triangles

So are you suggesting its a school of swinging parents?

Sorry but you sound like a teenager. Id take a step back and regroup.

MrsEvadneCake Thu 04-Jun-15 21:24:55

I find that being busy helps occupy the brain. Have you considered jam making ir I'm sure the PTA would appreciate extra help. Unless of course it's a cover for swinging activities......

Lucy61 Thu 04-Jun-15 21:25:46

Does she have pampas grass in her front garden?

Sansarya Thu 04-Jun-15 21:26:17

OP might get caught with her fingers in the jam jar though. Power missus! blush

Sansarya Thu 04-Jun-15 21:26:48

Ooer not power. Fucking autocorrect ruining my innuendos!

MrsEvadneCake Thu 04-Jun-15 21:27:41

grin

BitOutOfPractice Thu 04-Jun-15 21:27:48

I awit the next para of your novel OP

Wideopenspace Thu 04-Jun-15 21:29:57

<slaps forehead>

OP asked if 'there is some sort of sign'.

Yes, OP. If the woman has one trouser leg rolled up and does a funny handshake, she's deffo interested in some action.

That is lesbians, right?

TheRoseAndTheFire Thu 04-Jun-15 21:30:24

On the off-chance this is real, I'd back off sharpish OP. Or you risk making a twat of yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now