Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Wedding worries

(10 Posts)
Fluffybear86 Mon 01-Jun-15 23:21:44

Hello all. Hope I'm posting in the right place ! I'm getting married in September and I'm worried about inviting a friend of mine! Basically I know her though another friend and she does coke on nights out. This lady is a lot older than us and we've noticed on nights out she's in the loo all the time, trying to force coke on people and generally disappears. On my hen do last week she was taking 70 year old women in the loo! This lady actually is a nice person but I'm worried that she's going to be doing all this at my wedding in full view of my family and friends. I've invited her to the whole day with her partner (also does it) but I don't think would do it at a wedding. Now I'm at the stage where I feel I may need to un invite her! I spoke to her and said no coke at the wedding and she laughed, I just don't know if I trust her not to do it at my wedding. I know if I Un invite her it could seriously affect friendship group what do I do ?

CalleighDoodle Mon 01-Jun-15 23:27:22

Oooh difficult. I wouldnt have invited her as she is not your friend anyway. Id be very specific and say you dont like how she responded, like you were joking, but you just want to ensure she is aware that you mean it. No coke at the wedding, and if she doesnt think she can do that please turn down the invite and you wont think any less of her. If she still wants to come and wont so any drugs thats great and youll love hermcompany. But if it is thought she is doing coke she will be asked to leave.

WindMeUpAndLetMeGo Mon 01-Jun-15 23:33:21

She's thinks you're joking about no coke, you need to let her know where you stand and then stick to your guns.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Mon 01-Jun-15 23:39:00

What Calleigh said. And surely one of the other guests is a police officer and wouldn't be able to turn a blind eye to this, eh? wink

goddessofsmallthings Tue 02-Jun-15 07:15:10

Exactly what Closer has said except I'd make it aunt and uncle police officers and, nearer to the day, you could mention that poor aunty is off sick at the moment as she has a bladder problem smile

Fluffybear86 Tue 02-Jun-15 16:26:19

Hello ladies. Thanks for advice. I just dont think she will listen. God forgive me but i dont know whether to tell her due to dates (our wedding was put back a week by venue) that we can only have the smaller room so need ot cut guest list and invite her to night only. That way I suppose we dont have to put up with her the whole day and she can come for a few hours in the night? Is that awful?

Madamecastafiore Tue 02-Jun-15 16:30:25

Just don't invite her and tell her why.

DragonWithAGirlTattoo Tue 02-Jun-15 16:33:21

Just tell her outright - there will be no drugs at the wedding

(if you need to, make up that one of the other guests is CID and leave her guessing which one)

Spotifymuse Tue 02-Jun-15 16:39:17

Just tell her outright that SHE won't be at the wedding.
Why are you even still friends with her?

Fluffybear86 Sat 06-Jun-15 23:20:38

Hello thanks for advice. I have decided to invite her to the night only. She has already phoned my friend to tell her she's upset and she had arranged to meet another girl who was going etc and made it all about her. My friend told her that we're struggling with numbers as our date was changed (that's true) and we're now in a smaller room. My friend also told her a conversation happened at my hen do over this but she wasn't there as she was with Charlie in the loo! She hasn't approached me about this so I'm going to leave it be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now