Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He only had to sort the dinner

(13 Posts)
codandchipstwice Sun 31-May-15 17:15:11

That's it, have had it. Anything fun that happens is always at my behest, said it would be nice if could go out for tea but him to look at budget and work out where to go.

Now he's frantically trying to cobble something for kids as they practically eat each other with hunger.

He's been off whilst I've worked all week yet I still seem to have arranged/shopped for every meal and I'VE HAD ENOUGH

ALaughAMinute Sun 31-May-15 17:21:10

If I was you I'd take the kids out for something to eat and leave him to it!

Noneedtoworryatall Sun 31-May-15 17:24:56

The above post is a little childish.

codandchipstwice Sun 31-May-15 17:26:51

No, cos I would be sorting out his problem by taking them out

MadeMan Sun 31-May-15 17:29:36

What's he cobbling together?

codandchipstwice Sun 31-May-15 17:30:34

No idea but he's set the smoke alarm off doing it

ALaughAMinute Sun 31-May-15 17:31:36

"The above post is a little childish."

So what was your suggestion?

MadeMan Sun 31-May-15 17:32:08

Beans on burnt toast then?

codandchipstwice Sun 31-May-15 17:36:32

I think he found the chicken I took out the freezer as back, no idea whether it's just for kids or all of us though? Think next weekend me and DCs might go away and see what happens

MadeMan Sun 31-May-15 17:42:26

You might want to check if he's doing you some chicken flambé as well, or you could be making your own tea later on.

mojo17 Sun 31-May-15 18:02:42

Why don't you go out and leave him to sort dcs out?

codandchipstwice Sun 31-May-15 18:23:54

Therein lies the prob, we were invited out for tea by my mum, it would have cost us £100 for us five's share, and we can't afford it. I'd said to him it would be nice to pop somewhere we could afford or at least have him cook as I am fed up of accounting for every penny all the bloody time and not being able to afford stuff, all finances, planning etc falls to me and I'm sick of it and all he bloody had to do was sort tea (not the mortgage, life insurance etc as I've just done it all)

Kids fed, I didn't eat and will go to bed soon hoping to wake up in slightly happier mood tomorrow

taxi4ballet Mon 01-Jun-15 00:28:55

£100 for tea? Where's that - Claridges?!!

Surely your mum knows that you would have trouble finding the money, why did she invite you somewhere you can't afford to go to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now