Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Friends brother in law tried it on - do I say something?

(4 Posts)
Loo5125 Sat 30-May-15 20:32:07

Was in a bar last night. My best friends brother in law (they've been married a couple of years and have 2 babies one of which died quite young so they've been through a lot) was talking to me at the bar. Never spoke before but knows who I am because of my friend and we was chatting about her and stuff. He asked me to kiss him and I said no. I had lost my friends and said I was going home so he walked me to my taxi. He asked if he could come back to mine and tried getting in it. I said no and made the driver drive away.

I now feel extremely guilty even though I haven't done anything! Do I tell or do I stay quiet? I know my friend would go absolutely crazy if she found out, and I feel horrible keeping it from her but then again I don't want to cause trouble for their relationship. Is it best to just keep quiet about this one?

GammonAndEgg Sat 30-May-15 20:58:07

I would put it down to the drink, and say nothing. This time. If it ever happened again I would have no hesitation in shouting it from the rooftops!

And, by the way, sounds like you've still got it!

Molotov Sat 30-May-15 20:58:28

I think stay quiet this time. As a couple, they must have been through hell. Grief does strange things to a person. You don't know where his head is ATM (not that this makes his behaviour okay).

In future, if the situation recurs, be very clear to him that this behaviour towards you is totally unacceptable and that you made an exception last time.

Let's hope he figures things out before it's too late. What an awful situation for him and his wife.

ALaughAMinute Sat 30-May-15 21:01:12

He's been through enough, don't say anything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now