Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Moving away

(5 Posts)
stephf72 Sat 30-May-15 08:49:12

I dont want to say too much about my situation - but if anyone has read fab phee posts my situation is pretty similar, but been going on for a few months more. I have asked him to leave (although he is still in the house with me) which is pretty shit. When he goes he will move an hour away from us to be with someone new.
My kids have not yet started school - although they are set to in September. My problem is we only moved here very recently and I have nobody - literally noone to rely on for love and support at this time. Is it unreasonable of me to move away to be nearer old friends and family and to start again? A clean slate and a fresh start is what I want more then anything.
I want the kids to have an ongoing relationship with ex - they love him - and I know that will be more difficult if I move away - Im just very afraid of what will happen to me being so very isolated and vulnerable at this point. I am also ill and grieving my father who I lost at the begininng of the month.

Gcalgske Sat 30-May-15 10:34:17

I think you need to look after yourself and kids. It's not like he's going to be next door, he's moving an hour away afterall!
Get yourself back to decent friends and family who can support you all. Before the kids start school is perfect timing. flowers

SavoyCabbage Sat 30-May-15 10:56:53

It has to be better for you and your do for you to move nearer your friends and family. In fact, it would be daft not to. You are going to need those people in your life. It is the best thing for you, your children's mother and therefore it is the best thing for them.

goddessofsmallthings Sat 30-May-15 11:21:19

What is stopping you moving before he does?

stephf72 Sat 30-May-15 12:15:14

Money - he is stalling over financial agreement - there is alot of money involved and we are not married. It is in joint account though - but want to end as amicably as I can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now