Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Joking about sexual abuse?

(3 Posts)
Lipgloss74 Mon 18-May-15 11:37:04

I posted last week about ending a fairly new relationship due to his lack of texting me back, making me feel wanted ect ect.
I have thought about a few things he told me over the months we were together and one of them was that he was sexually abused. Then he said he was joking? What is that all about and I'm feeling a wee bit bad about giving up on someone who had several emotional issues and was a big drinker but he was making me anxious and unhappy.
He also told a mutual friend on Friday we were still together when I had ended it in the Monday? Why?

pocketsaviour Mon 18-May-15 11:39:08

1, He told you the truth initially, but then panicked and back-tracked (this is not uncommon with abuse survivors)
2. He's playing head games with you and was attempting to make you feel sorry for him, possibly in an effort to get you to overlook some bad behaviour.

Unfortunately you're not likely to find out the truth.

Lipgloss74 Mon 18-May-15 11:43:19

I did wonder, and yes his behaviour towards me (and himself) was pretty unreasonable at times.
I feel so sad for him if this is true x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now