Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Letting go of a crap relationship

(3 Posts)
TheWhiteFlag Tue 12-May-15 10:28:23

Why is this so hard to do??

I've been seeing a man for 5 months and recently, he's gone cold and distant (yeah, I know, probably an affair). He doesn't respond to my attempts to figure out what's wrong so, with a reluctant and heavy heart, I am pulling the plug.

But God does it hurt. I had insomnia last night and feel weepy today. Even though I know he's acting like a jerk and therefore I'm better off without him, my heart hurts. I'm 32 by the way so have plenty of big girl panties in my drawer. Any advice on how to get over an apathetic man?

[pours herself a wine]

daisychain01 Tue 12-May-15 15:16:39

Allow yourself a "lost weekend" to sit indoors, wallow in sadness, eat a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's in one sitting.

Then get yo arse out there - don't give that man a second thought. Just let it go, he is a distant memory. No regrets no anger.

You'll be fine enjoy the summer and be happy!

hellsbellsmelons Tue 12-May-15 15:45:46

I think it's the feeling for rejection and him putting in the situation where you have to end it as he hasn't got the balls to do it.
End it and be done with it.
Cry when you want and know that you did the right thing.
Wine at 10:30am - Hope you didn't do it. You should always wait until midday grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now