Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What advice would you give Sally Bercow?

(82 Posts)
Hadron21 Mon 11-May-15 16:44:46

She's been having an affair with her husbands cousin, who has dumped her (gone back to his wife) and she claims to be heartbroken.
I've never like the woman, but there's something about this story that makes me pity her. If I was married to her and she announced she wanted to go on Big Brother I would have run for the hills at that point.

OhNoNotMyBaby Mon 11-May-15 16:46:57

Disappear into a field in some far-flung place and stop embarrassing herself, her husband and everyone who knows her.

Learn discretion, self-respect and dignity.

Shut the fuck up.

Twinklestein Mon 11-May-15 16:47:37

Leave the country.

MollyMaDurga Mon 11-May-15 16:49:19

I think shut up would wrap it up nicely. My goodness. I lead a sheltered life. .

Hadron21 Mon 11-May-15 16:51:04

I am fascinated that she has so little self awareness. No filter at all!

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Mon 11-May-15 16:51:31

Get some help? I don't think she's a well woman. Who he hell behaves like that then talks to the media so openly about it?!

GayByrne Mon 11-May-15 16:51:45

She seems quite a sad old gal, doesn't she? Big Bro, kissing that black fella, going with husband's cousin...

Whatever she's looking for it isn't worth this. The grass isn't greener.

If she's not happy in her marriage then just fucking leave or,work it out. Don't hurt people, including yourself.

And shut up.

TheJiminyConjecture Mon 11-May-15 16:52:09

I had no idea who she was so had a quick Google, I think keep your crap out of the press would just about cover it.

FujimotosElixir Mon 11-May-15 16:52:10

i doubt shes heartbroken , if she is good, i feel for her husband in this,how he didn't divorce her a long time ago ill never know.

Spotifymuse Mon 11-May-15 16:53:53

Stop tipping off the paps and have some bloody dignity.

fortunately Mon 11-May-15 16:58:15

Exactly what OhNo said.

Jan45 Mon 11-May-15 17:01:16

She's just intent on embarrassing herself and those around her, she should disappear for a while and give us all a rest, nobody is remotely interested in either her love of wine or ugly past it men, I pity her kids.

clam Mon 11-May-15 17:01:42

I think the woman is a complete car-crash. However, she is raising a child with Autism, which may or may not be quite stressful, and she is currently recovering from a similar injury to me (from two years ago) and I don't envy her in that one bit.

marshmallowpies Mon 11-May-15 17:03:42

Her ability to draw attention to herself is unparalleled. I know that the Speaker is a ceremonial and significant figure in the HoC but that doesn't make her the equivalent of the First Lady. Lady Muck, more like.

Idontseeanydragons Mon 11-May-15 17:05:02

Think about your husband and your children for a start, let him go because you clearly detest the poor bastard and be on your own for a while.

CallMeNancy Mon 11-May-15 17:06:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnyFucker Mon 11-May-15 17:09:45

Divorce your husband. Be on your own for a good while and get some counselling. Understand that not all attention is good attention.

DicteSvendsen Mon 11-May-15 17:10:49

I feel sorry for her. If it were her husband shagging her cousin, she'd have had to think what to do next, behind closed doors no doubt.

Her humiliation and the double rejection is a high price. Although, may be not, what has she lost, two relationships that weren't all that to begin with ??

I hope that she learns to be content on her own.

CallMeNancy Mon 11-May-15 17:10:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 11-May-15 17:14:33

1. Shut the fuck up.
2. Grow the fuck up.
3. Stop being so self absorbed and me, me, me.
4. Divorce your husband and let him find someone nice.
5. Leave the country.
6. Go and do Dancing with the Stars in a country far, far away like Heather Mills did.
7. Learn that there is such a thing as a dignified silence.

blueshoes Mon 11-May-15 18:06:15

A period of silence from you would be most welcome

chocolateyay Mon 11-May-15 18:09:00

Isn't this just another of her 'hey everyone look at me! MemememeMEEEE!'.

pocketsaviour Mon 11-May-15 18:09:34

Fell sorry for her kid(s?). "Mum had affair with husband's cousin" will soon turn into "your mum and dad were brother and sister" on the playground.

chocolateyay Mon 11-May-15 18:11:20

I already felt sorry for the kids, as I do for the children of any 'meedya' types of no obvious talent beyond self promotion.

BoneyBackJefferson Mon 11-May-15 18:22:50

Feel sorry for the kids and the husband (can't stand the man) but she shouldn't have gone public.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now