Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is she being forced?

(12 Posts)
Pinochet777 Tue 05-May-15 01:49:59

The other night after a woman I know broke her high heels, I carried her home. She has emailed me and left me a phone message to say that she would like to go on a date with me. I would very much like to go on a date with her, however I do not wish for her to feel that she is forced or obligated to go on a date. Is there anyway whether I can find out whether she is interested in a date, or whether she has made the suggestion out of some feeling of obligation if it is the former that is great! If it is the latter, that is awful, in my view she does not owe me anything and it would be terrible to think that she feels obligated.

Advice greatly appreciated!

HelenF350 Tue 05-May-15 01:55:25

If she has taken the time to email you and telephone you then I would imagine she is interested. Go on your date and enjoy yourself!

IggyStrop Tue 05-May-15 02:05:28

How far did you carry her?!

I don't think she'd feel obligated. Women in this day and age know that men shouldn't expect anything for carrying them home.

FeckTheMagicDragon Tue 05-May-15 02:10:45

she has emailed and telephoned. She wants to go out on a date. Its a date, not a wedding smile
Go, enjoy. Ask if shes wearing flats, but tell her if not you will carry her home again smile

Bogeyface Tue 05-May-15 02:13:14

My only concern is that she has phoned and emailed.....

Personally I would have texted you to say thanks and suggested we meet for a drink, I wouldnt have got in touch more than once. If a man did that to me (emailed and called) I would think "Hmm, bit pushy!", I would go but I would keep my eyes open for any indications of neediness.

LadyCybilCrawley Tue 05-May-15 04:37:38

Why would she need to be carried for having broken heels? Sounds a bit strange to me

BitOutOfPractice Tue 05-May-15 04:50:17

Hi op.

Did she actually say "date"or something like "let's meet up for a drink sometime"?

Sounds to me like she likes you!

SevenAteNine Tue 05-May-15 06:09:35

Don't oveethink it.
Tell her ok, but that you're taking a wheelbarrow in case her shoes break again.

SevenAteNine Tue 05-May-15 06:11:03

Go on the date, and have a nice time. If you try too hard, it won't be as much fun.

siblingrevelryagain Tue 05-May-15 06:21:46

You sound lovely-galant for carrying her home, sensitive for being concerned about her motives. If you genuinely are that thoughtful it might just be that she sees it too and wants to go out with you! Maybe tread carefully but there'd be no harm or coercion if you agreed to a drink/dinner.

hesterton Tue 05-May-15 06:25:35

I think you sound lovely too. Go on the date as if it were meeting a new friend and see what happens. You may get a friend out of it, you may get a partner. (Assuming you are single! )

Pinochet777 Tue 05-May-15 10:49:10

Thanks, everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now