Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why am i doing the pick me dance?!?

(4 Posts)
Wherestherealme Sun 03-May-15 22:15:56

When i dont want him to pick me really?

I keep thinking of all the good times and there was some, bad more than good.

I just want him to want me, i put blood sweat and tears into our relationship and for what?!?

Hes a prick i no hes a prick, but still. It was his fault the relationship ended i couldnt take anymore but because the one time i end it thats it all the blame is on me and now i have times where i think it was my fault maybe if i did or said or acted a certain way things would have been different.

I dont know if that makes sense to anyone hmm

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 03-May-15 22:19:17

You're allowed to end a relationship and I think you'll be glad in the long run. Stop dancing for him now and believe me, he'll want you - he just won't be able to have you.

If you carry on, he'll carry on... be under no illusions about that. Is that what you want or can you shake him off now and find somebody who's actually worth dancing with?

faitaccompli Sun 03-May-15 22:20:11

Makes sense to me. I could have written your post.

Don't do the dance. Just don't do it.

I don't trust myself, so I have gone NC (apart from email to sort out a few bits and pieces)

Wherestherealme Sun 03-May-15 22:29:59

Thanks for the replies.

Its so fustrating because i no that the relationship being over is the best thing for me, but then theres just a little niggle in the back of my mind.

Contact is kept to a minimum just to sort out dc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now