Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Has anyone used an online service to draft a clean break consent order?

(7 Posts)
GinAndSonic Sun 03-May-15 07:42:39

We have no property or pensions, i dont want spousal maintenance, etc.
Im doing divorce papers myself, but the family matters guide i spoke to regarding child contact advised getting a clean break consent order. Because we have nothing to divide it would literally just be a clean break absolving us of any future financial claims over one another. Its unlikely we would ever have a claim against one another, since we are both working class. There will be no shiny pensions etc.
So, i want to do it cheaply. Any recommendations?

cozietoesie Sun 03-May-15 08:12:49

I appreciate your desire to have matters arranged cheaply (and quickly I would guess) but if you have children and have to organize things with regard to them, I'm afraid I would always recommend a solicitor - although there's no reason why you shouldn't do much/most of the work yourself and have them simply cast an eye over it at the end. People doing things themselves are always capable of making simple but quite telling mistakes and without a solicitor's involement there is no professional comeback.

GinAndSonic Sun 03-May-15 08:34:31

As i understand the clean break order wouldnt affect child contact or maintenance.
Its either cheaply online or not at all, i have no way of paying a solicitors hourly rates and a consent order has to be drafted by a solicitor. I am going to enquire around local solicitors to see if they can draft one at set fee, but I am on a seriously limited budget. To the effect of i cant afford ANYTHING but ill scrape the money together if possible.

cozietoesie Sun 03-May-15 08:56:14

Maybe post also on legal matters then - or ask MNHQ to transfer this thread there? You might have a solicitor posting here but your chances are better across there even though it's not such a quick board.

PeppermintCrayon Mon 04-May-15 14:20:46

Some solicitors have free services for separating coupled with kids, there's a scheme in my area so maybe look for that?

PeppermintCrayon Mon 04-May-15 14:21:24

Try googling Family Mattera

PeppermintCrayon Mon 04-May-15 14:21:32


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now