Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I finally left

(11 Posts)
Lula2515 Sat 10-Jan-15 19:21:33

I finally left my partner.
Left with my son on Thursday night to my mums. Was devastated as I was leaving but he's been texting me since I've left telling me I'm a bad parent and that I've ruined our family. I tried to make things work for so long. The final row was because he was sat there tweeting a page 3 girl whilst I was sat there with our baby. We haven't had sex since August because he couldn't think of anything worse than sleeping with me because I put him under so much pressure.
I'm mostly rambling on here because I'm trying to get myself from texting him. Haven't heard from him since yesterday morning. Text him last night letting him know the baby was ok and still no reply.
So sad.

FolkGirl Sat 10-Jan-15 19:22:53

Well done, you. You are amazing. grin

FolkGirl Sat 10-Jan-15 19:23:44

Probably should have been a smile instead. oops sorry. Just want you to know that however sad you feel now, you have made the right decision. I wish I'd gone sooner.

TongueBiter Sat 10-Jan-15 19:24:04

Well done. That was the hardest part. Sending you strength and support x

Lula2515 Sat 10-Jan-15 19:24:17

Thank you xxxxx I'm trying to feel strong but keep having a wobble about things.

FolkGirl Sat 10-Jan-15 19:25:25

The wobble is normal. It will come and go. You won't always feel strong. But you are strong. That's why you did it.

Lula2515 Sat 10-Jan-15 19:27:46

I hope I keep being strong. I have to go back to the flat tomorrow as have an appointment on Monday morning. My mum is going to look after the baby for me and we're going to talk. I'm sure he thinks I will apologise for leaving and grovel to come back...that is what I would have done before. That's not going to happen. I just hope I stay as strong as my head is right now.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 10-Jan-15 19:45:40

If you want to stay strong and not be persuaded into anything then suggest you don't talk to him yet now. Get your stuff, make the clean break and simply tell him that you'll be in touch when you're more settled about how things are going to work. In the meantime ask him to respect your privacy

Lula2515 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:26:39

I agree that tomorrow is too soon but I need to stay there so we may as well discuss things.
As I'm leaving the baby at my mums I need to leave to come back

thisisnow Sat 10-Jan-15 20:53:34

Well done Lula on getting away. Good idea leaving the baby with your Mum that way you won't be tempted to stay there with him

TongueBiter Sun 11-Jan-15 15:44:42

How are things now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now