Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not sure whether this is allowed

(14 Posts)
MakeMeJumpIntoTheAir Sat 10-Jan-15 16:11:42

so MNHQ please get rid, if not

Seen this dating profile today - omg cannot believe this man

Looking for my true partner , Slim ,non smoker and not an alcoholic . Ooh and faithful !! Pretty easy really I would of thought but OMG the messages I get from smokers and chunky looking ladies ! Why why why hahaha. Got to laugh.

Is there such a thing as 'size-ist'?

DoctorDonnaNoble Sat 10-Jan-15 16:14:56

I'd judge him right back for using of when he meant have!

expatinscotland Sat 10-Jan-15 16:16:37

'Would of'. Ugggh.

Inthedarkaboutfashion Sat 10-Jan-15 16:19:55

He mentioned smokers as well as chunky ladies so he isn't just sizeist. He could have wrote it in a less offensive and childish manner but I'm not sure why people who don't meet his criteria would reply to him when they are clearly not what he is looking for.
That ad isn't going to get him many takers though as he sounds like a 12 year old.

TheFecklessFairy Sat 10-Jan-15 16:33:12

I am slim, non smoker and not an alcoholic. I can be faithful and am caring.

But the first time he said "would of" I would probably kill him grin

MadeMan Sat 10-Jan-15 16:39:55

It's quite a camp profile really; I'm surprised he didn't put "I mean come on, shut up!" after he's written "chunky looking ladies".

MakeMeJumpIntoTheAir Sat 10-Jan-15 16:44:10

Haha missed the 'of' bit - so shocked at the style of writing. What a tosser. It almost makes me want to join the dating site to tell him that!!

Joysmum Sat 10-Jan-15 16:55:55

Surely profiles like this are really handy, you know the blokes a tosser from the start so dodge the billet.

Joysmum Sat 10-Jan-15 16:56:10

*bullet

DrMorbius Sat 10-Jan-15 17:01:27

LOL - TheFeckless, you sound nice....what nights are you free ;-) (joke)

Macloveswill Sat 10-Jan-15 17:06:23

His narrow (and hilarious!confused) profile will probably find him someone equally unpleasant. Good luck to him! wink

BitOutOfPractice Sat 10-Jan-15 18:04:38

If that's the worst one you've come across, you've got a lot to learn!

FolkGirl Sat 10-Jan-15 18:40:00

Oh those are the best profiles. There's no thinking involved, you just block immediately.

I read some awful profiles when I did it. But it made it easy to know who I was never going to message...

MakeMeJumpIntoTheAir Sun 11-Jan-15 00:46:57

Well luckily I am not a full member of the site, so only get to read profiles, and even if i do get hounded, cannot respond, but yeah I'd say 80% would be blocked if I was able to do that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now