Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

No time to myself

(9 Posts)
lovelovelovebeingamummy Fri 09-Jan-15 22:18:53

Help! My husband works at home. We have two small children (4 & 6). I teach 4 days a week. Basically I never get a moment to breathe, I am always with people and I feel like I might Explode! When I mention to my husband that I need time on my own, just to be, he gets really upset and offended. How can I make him understand? Anyone else have similar problems?

woowoo22 Fri 09-Jan-15 22:42:28

Why can't he understand? How much time have you asked for?

Joysmum Fri 09-Jan-15 22:44:40

Just tell him you'll be going out one a week or once every couple of weeks.

GlitteryLipgloss Fri 09-Jan-15 23:44:46

Pop out to the shops leave the kids at home and have a cheeky coffee. Blame traffic.

Nunyabiz Fri 09-Jan-15 23:47:40

You don't have to explain it. Just do it. "Off for a run DH! Will be gone an hour!" Breathe in that fresh air. Lay on a park bench. Bring a book. Buy a coffee. Don't feel guilty. X

Jackw Fri 09-Jan-15 23:50:22

Oh my goodness yes, I totally understand. I go to bed early just to get an hour on my own reading and then DH started coming up early too and was very offended when I said I needed some space. I resorted to saying I would sleep in the spare room if he didn't leave me alone for at least an hour which did not go down well but I insisted and he did respect it. I keep trying to persuade him to go out one evening a week, join a club or something but no luck so far!

GiniCooper Fri 09-Jan-15 23:51:10

What Nunya said.

Just go. Don't explain

esiotrot2015 Fri 09-Jan-15 23:52:05

do you get a lunch break?
even just half an hour in the fresh air does me a world of good

lovelovelovebeingamummy Sat 10-Jan-15 12:35:04

I feel so much better just hearing what you guys say! jackw that is so similar to us here, whenever I think I'll Go to bed to read my book he always comes too! I do understand that working at home must be lonely, so he is desperate to chat when someone gets home! But I feel a distinct lack of understanding from him that my needs are opposite... And there's no way he'd ever go out without me. Thank You all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now