Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help! parenting plan

(3 Posts)
wayley101 Fri 09-Jan-15 19:34:12

Hi.

Me and my ex partner are trying to set up a parenting plan. He has been quite inconsistent in the past so I think this is a good way forward.

However, I've received a draft version of a parenting plan from his solicitor and it does not include child maintenance in it. As I don't have a solicitor I was wondering if anyone knew whether it is appropriate to state how much child maintenance we agreed on? Having it in writing may make me feel more confidence that he is going to continue to provide for the kids...

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

BertieBotts Fri 09-Jan-15 19:35:58

I think you should get it in writing, yes. Not that it will mean anything, but so you have something to refer to.

familyofthree2014 Fri 09-Jan-15 20:58:17

When you say you agreed it, did you do the Child Maintenance Calculator? My friend agreed her amount 'amicably' but has since realised she is entitled to much more.

If you are happy that the amount is fair / correct and that perhaps there is a note that it will increase with any promotions etc then yes I would get it in writing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now