Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

free online dating

(8 Posts)
textfan Fri 09-Jan-15 01:11:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dirtybadger Fri 09-Jan-15 01:19:47

I've used POF. Fair to use f would be better substituted with fuckwits than fish but there are a lot of people on there and as a result, plenty of nice people too. I've met some decent people and I know quite a few MN'ers say they met their DPs there.
It's free. There are a few "extras" you can opt to pay for but perfectly functional for free.

Ouchbloodyouch Fri 09-Jan-15 07:04:18

As is ok cupid

ToastedOrFresh Fri 09-Jan-15 07:22:43

You will mostly get blokes who think that dating agencies are not much better than brothels from their 'I want sex' attitude towards women. I don't know what that's all about. The only reason I say that is my one experience of a free site was that blokes thought they were entitled to sex just because I'd agreed to meet them.

None of them actually said, 'look, we both know what we are here for' but that was pretty much their motivation for meeting.

One bloke was nice but I understand OD can bring, 'vanishers' blokes that just disappear for no good reason just as you were getting somewhere.

niceupthedance Fri 09-Jan-15 07:51:34

Tinder is free.

FinallyGotAnIPhone Fri 09-Jan-15 22:55:06

Tinder. Hours of fun.

GinAndSonic Fri 09-Jan-15 22:57:16

Im on pof. Its going pretty well, im going on 2 dates next week

isseywithcats Sat 10-Jan-15 16:19:55

in the last 3 years i have tried, smooch.com (free ) POF free, match.com paid for 3 months subs, are you interested on facebook paid for 3 months subs

results smooch.com a couple of dates a lot of idiots,

match.com not even one message

are you interested a 3 month relationship nice guy but we both wanted different things

2 years on pof met some nice guys met some idiots then 12 months ago met the guy that i am going to move in with next month as we work well together

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now