Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

dc read mn posts!

(35 Posts)
cherrypiewithicecream Thu 08-Jan-15 21:52:37

Shock & horror. Nc for this. Dc has found, read & printed out my mn posts, all of which were about acutely painful stuff they shouldn't see. No idea how they did it. No access to my computer. Can't say more since I'm being spyed on. Now what?

babybellsmum Thu 08-Jan-15 21:56:26

How old is dc? Were the posts about them or their dad? Perhaps you need to sit down and chat. Eek how awful, I guess it's a bit like them reading your diary :/

Tipsykisses Thu 08-Jan-15 21:56:53

What ages are dc?
Think it's time you spoke to them about privacy !
I'm sure they wouldn't like their invaded !!

TheAwfulDaughter Thu 08-Jan-15 21:57:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

magpieginglebells Thu 08-Jan-15 21:59:10

Were the posts about them or other people as that would affect how you dealt with it.

cherrypiewithicecream Thu 08-Jan-15 22:01:02

Dc 15. I'm already up to my neck in the brown stuff & now I can't give any background for outing myself but this has just made a shit situation utterly horrendous.

cherrypiewithicecream Thu 08-Jan-15 22:02:15

I am absolutely gutted. This will have far reaching consequences.

TheAwfulDaughter Thu 08-Jan-15 22:02:29

cherrypiewithicecream Thu 08-Jan-15 22:02:55

Magpie both.

TheAwfulDaughter Thu 08-Jan-15 22:03:11

cherrypiewithicecream Thu 08-Jan-15 22:04:31

My bloody life. I'm getting nailed from all sides & now I can't even have a private moan.

nozzz Thu 08-Jan-15 22:04:35

Were the posts about dc?

Greywackejones Thu 08-Jan-15 22:05:48

Well. He thinks he's old enough to know. I get he isn't. But maybe you are shutting him out and he's hurting too, so by hurting you he's getting something?

cherrypiewithicecream Thu 08-Jan-15 22:06:16

Dc doesn't have internet access at hm. This has happened elsewhere.

cherrypiewithicecream Thu 08-Jan-15 22:09:26

The awful, nothing. Kept silent like I don't know.

TheAwfulDaughter Thu 08-Jan-15 22:10:36

hotcupofjoe Thu 08-Jan-15 22:12:26

What a callous, invasive thing to do
I agree it's horribly invasive, and totally sympathise with the OP, but a 15 year old is not really mature enough to understand that properly. If they had reason to suspect the posts were about them, they would feel as if they were entitled to know.

cherrypiewithicecream Thu 08-Jan-15 22:18:35

I can't fill in the gaps now so you'll all understand in case this gets read too but I'm so pissed. I'm trapped in a living hell & more shit keeps happening. How can this be? I've haf 20yrs of total silence & now hell & fury from every angle, every day. Every single bloody thing in my life is imploding.

Tipsykisses Thu 08-Jan-15 22:20:29

It's difficult to advise without knowing anything about the posts but I had a terrible relationship with my mum who told me nothing about my situation & the secrets Involved , it affected our relationship terribly for many years .

When she did finally discuss things with me it was not as bad as I had imagined it in my head if that makes sense ... If you can talk to dc then I think you should .

Good luck op

Tipsykisses Thu 08-Jan-15 22:23:49

Should have also added To my last post that I snooped as I needed to know for my own piece of mind !

OttiliaVonBCup Thu 08-Jan-15 22:24:33

Oh yes, a 15yo can very well understand what they've gone.

Just reverse the situation and let them imagine it's their emails or posts being fucked with.

lmgtfy Thu 08-Jan-15 22:25:39

You can make yourself a new email address and a new mn profile on whatever device you are currently on, then you can talk properly to people who can help. Sorry I can't help with this situation, but I can help you get some privacy if that helps.

cherrypiewithicecream Thu 08-Jan-15 22:33:23

Dc was supposed to be having a treat this weekend & I want nothing to do with it now, trouble is, with our situation, if I don't follow thru the consequences will have bigger repercussions for me. Bloody hate my life. We are a nightmare family. I can't reveal the extent of this now. I have no idea how to move forward. Nor can I get advice because now I can't post details. Life is shit

IamTitanium Thu 08-Jan-15 22:39:16

Cherry
This is totally shit, can you pm a poster you may "know", or post in an unknown area?

cherrypiewithicecream Thu 08-Jan-15 22:41:43

I'd like to have it out with them but then dh & everyone else will probably get wind & I'll get rollocked for using mn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now