Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

met my ex on Plenty of Fish but it was a mistake ... thinking of going back on there

(2 Posts)
Arsenal123 Mon 05-Jan-15 23:23:46

I have been single for several months and I don't really get out in situations where I can meet someone.

I was therefore going to try my hand at online dating.

However I can say that the experience of being with my last partner was not a positive one to say the least. They were rather possessive. Alarm bells were present but I was blinded by lust and what I thought was love. Needless to say it didn't end well.

However how could I ensure I learn from mistakes and don't fall for the wrong kind. It's all too easy for me to brush over a potential catastrophe when attracted to someone.

It's hard this relationship business.

handfulofcottonbuds Mon 05-Jan-15 23:46:01

Not all men are like that.

Maybe try just 'dating' and try not to get emotionally involved. Just enjoy the dates and getting to know yourself through them.

No need to get heavy at any stage. If you feel it's the worng kind of person then be polite and move on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now