Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Don't want to see argumentative family in law all the time!

(2 Posts)
RL20 Sat 03-Jan-15 18:06:34

Currently pregnant, been with my partner for 4 years. Not sure if it's hormones, or actual feelings.. Or hormones bringing out my actual deep down feelings!
Part of it is probably because we've stayed in all day and done nothing so I feel irritated. But I'm also getting hugely stressed out with being around his family a lot. (We dont live with them). I don't feel as though there's any need for it! When he visits them (or gets summoned to visit them) I don't always want to go, but then they take it the wrong way and I've even been accused of not liking them (by them and my partner)! It's not about liking them, it's the fact that is rather nip off and see my own family than constantly see his! They're so interfering. How the heck can I try and distance myself now though without "offending" people!? Grrr feeling very irritated today. Without sounding awful I feel like I want to move out and get a place of my own for when my baby is here. But surely I shouldn't have to break up with my partner because of his family hmm I feel guilty even thinking that. Help!

ChristinaMatthews Sun 04-Jan-15 05:31:30

A serious conversation with your partner is needed when you're feeling a little calmer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now