Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice needed bad

(11 Posts)
ceceCECE123 Fri 02-Jan-15 13:25:00

Hi there ceceCECE123

Welcome to Mumsnet!

We've noticed that you seem to have accidentally posted on someone else's thread when it looks like you meant to start a thread of your own.

We've pasted the contents of your post below so you can copy and paste it onto a new thread. We'd suggest the best place for this sort of thrad would be our Relationships board.

If you need any help with instructions on starting a new thread do drop us a line back and we'll do our best to help.

Best wishes


Your post:

Hi, I'm new to this and not sure where to go or what Im doing. But I need advice so bad. Im a 47 year old disable female after a hit and run 7 years ago. Im dealing with a husband that constantly is yelling, complaining even punches the bird cage. If he is off of work he just lays on the couch. I've tried to say just good morning and the yelling starts. I therefore just stay in my room and pray he will go to work so I can come out but he will start yelling and cussing anyway. What do I Do? Where can I get all kinds of help. Thanks to anyone that can give me advice


RandomNPC Fri 02-Jan-15 13:42:45

I think it would be useful to speak to Women's Aid? The number is 0808 2000 247.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 02-Jan-15 13:46:18

I agree that you need outside intervention and it sounds like you need it pretty urgently. You shouldn't have to live in fear. Please call Womens Aid and get their advice

MelenieBrewster Fri 02-Jan-15 14:35:02

Keeping posting on here if you can - we will support you.

DropYourSword Fri 02-Jan-15 14:38:37

It might be a good idea to PM the OP too, if she's not too familiar with mumsnet she might find finding PM's easier

BitterAndOnlySlightlyTwisted Fri 02-Jan-15 14:45:13

I have a feeling that the OP is not in the UK, so a contact number for Womens Aid may not be useful. The language used sounds North American to me.

OP, are you receiving any ongoing medical treatment?

Are there any health workers who you could confide in? Any visitors to your home who you could speak to in confidence? You are being emotionally abused by this man, and you need to be free of him somehow.

ceceCECE123 Fri 02-Jan-15 15:07:16

Thank you all so much for listening to me. I am in Florida and not sure where to turn or call. If anyone can please give me advice I would so greatly appreciate it. Sometimes I wish he would just hit me which I know is not good but then I could get rid of him. I think he is suffering from depression and does love me.We live in the same house but it's been months since we have had a conversation without his yelling or punching things.

RandomNPC Fri 02-Jan-15 15:09:51

Try this, OP. It's a list of resources in the Florida area:

RandomNPC Fri 02-Jan-15 15:11:59

Even if he does have depression, it doesn't give the right to abuse you. It's his responsibility to recognise and seek help for it.

RandomNPC Fri 02-Jan-15 15:16:39

Floridi's equivelent helpline would be 1-800-500-1119 (Toll free it says here). I accessed that on

CogitOIOIO Fri 02-Jan-15 17:05:13

If he's unstable due to a mental illness, call an ambulance or call the police. Don't think you have to tolerate abuse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: