Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why did i do this? Mners please talk some sense into me

(18 Posts)
feellikesuchanidiot Thu 01-Jan-15 18:14:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hurr1cane Thu 01-Jan-15 18:16:16

It's only a ONS, did you use contraception? It's not the end of the world, just forget it now

ElleMcFearsome Thu 01-Jan-15 18:18:11

Two questions:

1) Was it consensual?
2) Did you use a condom?

Is answer to both is "yes" then I'd chalk it up to experience. You don't have to have a r/ship, either with ExP or ONS. I always felt pretty revolting after a ONS - hence why I didn't do it more than a few times.

Obviously, if answers to above are no, then it's a different matter.

feellikesuchanidiot Thu 01-Jan-15 18:20:05

Heyho111 Thu 01-Jan-15 18:20:09

It's fine dw. It really isn't as terrible as you feel it is. Nobody was hurt by doing this. Look at it as a bit of fun.

Sleepingtom Thu 01-Jan-15 18:21:43

Just make it clear (if he asks) that it was a mistake and not to expert anything from you, then change your number so he can't intrude upon your brain by text as and when he fancies. Go easy on yourself. Mistakes happen!

feellikesuchanidiot Thu 01-Jan-15 18:22:23

ElleMcFearsome Thu 01-Jan-15 18:23:48

In which case, chalk it up. I am sorry that you're feeling guilty, stupid etc though. Do you know why you're feeling that way? By which I mean that you haven't done anything 'wrong' per se, unless you have an incredibly rigid moral/religious view. Or unless this event has triggered something that's upsetting you, which, again, makes it a different issue.

SurlyCue Thu 01-Jan-15 18:25:22

OP you havent done anything wrong. Why do you feel so bad about it?

wheretoyougonow Thu 01-Jan-15 18:25:50

Mistakes happen. Forgive yourself and stop thinking about it. Chalk it down to a lapse and move on.
It's really not that awful. New year = new start thanks

Boomtownsurprise Thu 01-Jan-15 18:27:44

Seriously it isn't a 'big' thing. Don't feel guilty don't feel bad. In the scheme of stuff it's not worth a second glance.

Move on

feellikesuchanidiot Thu 01-Jan-15 18:30:39

FolkGirl Thu 01-Jan-15 19:11:31

I haven't had a ons for years! It's fine. It doesn't matter. Women are allowed to have sex you know ;)

You don't want to repeat it. That's fine. But it's just sex. Don't beat yourself up about it!

Don't worry about hurting him. IME most men can handle a bit of no strings sex ;)

Hurr1cane Thu 01-Jan-15 19:57:41

Just be honest with him

CaramelPie Thu 01-Jan-15 23:53:33

Another one here who doesn't think this is a problem.

Do you think ONSs are 'wrong' OP?

BOFster Fri 02-Jan-15 00:03:32

In general terms, it's a complete non-issue, isn't it? Plenty of people do it, and it doesn't make them bad or wrong. What's your thought process with this?

WineCowboy Fri 02-Jan-15 00:10:25

Don't worry at all. Don't feel bad, it's fine to have a ONS.

Agree with ^ posters, just think of it as experience, and maybe one that you don't want to repeat, but experience all the same.

Also don't feel guilty.

Sneaky (hug)

feellikesuchanidiot Fri 02-Jan-15 10:00:55

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now